What's new

Taylor's Rose

this has got to be one of the very best creams out there. a true classic that I will likely never be without.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Realy not my scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Creamy, slick
I love this brand! IMO, it's the finest quality for the price and it's concentrated so a little goes a long way. The slickness of the lather makes the razor glide over my face and the rose sent is very refreshing.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I keep this SC as a mainstay in the rotation.

Really nice fresh rose scent and easy to lather.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the best cream in the TOBS line and possibly the best performing cream I have used. The price is right, as with all TOBS. The scent is identical to a red rose. Lathers easily and in good quantity. The shave is smooth and comfortable. Packaging is boring as with all TOBS, but who really cares about the packaging anyway ?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Most of my shaving products are stored in a large box under my counter. However, there are a few that never leave their place next to the sink. TOBS Rose is one of those.

It's not MWF or QCS when it comes to latherability, but it lathers a wonderful, wonderful lather, and you don't have to work at it. Its rose scent isn't as good as Salter's, but it's a wonderful, restrained, dignified rose. Its packaging isn't really exceptional or unusual, but it's a good, solid TOBS tub. And its price isn't OMG-amazing-steal like QCS or Cella-by-the-kilo, but it's reasonably affordable when other British creams aren't.

Basically, this is my solid, everyday hitter. My trusty workhorse. Sancho Panza to my Don Quixote. This is the nerdy, awkward friend that sticks by you even when everybody else leaves you. This is the one you take for granted because there's never a question it'll be there and never a doubt that it'll work.

To put it another way, I like this cream. :thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I recently bought this for the SWMBO's first dive into DE shaving and of course had to try it myself. IMO the cost is outstanding, I got it for just under $13 shipped. I gave the scent a 5 because I don't think Rose is for me, although I don't think there is anything wrong with the scent. If it wasn't a shaving cream I would probably say the scent was good.

The performance was quite good, the lather practically exploded in my mug and I didn't have to add any additional water for the later passes. The shave was quite good, nice and slick. I didn't get any irritation or reactions to the cream.

If you like Rose I think this is a good cream, although I haven't tried any other Rose creams so I can't really compare it to others. I am a big fan of the TOBS creams, I love Mr Taylor and the Lavender is pretty good. The Rose scent just isn't for me, too feminine IMO.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is fantastic stuff. I was worried that using rose would be, well, girly-like. Then I remembered I had been using lavender, and still had my cojones. So I bought it. And I used it. It's intoxicating. It's like having the woman you love draped around your shoulders while you're shaving, caressing your cheeks. Only somewhat less distracting.

I'm probably influenced by the fact that the woman I love loves rose. But it stands up well on its own. It just has a wonderful aroma, that makes shaving the sort of otherworldly experience it should be.

As for the mechanics, it lathers beautifully, moisturizes well, enables a very close shave without irritation, leaves the skin feeling invigorated.

Did I mention it smells really, really good?

The tub it comes in, let's face it, it's a cheap plastic tub. So what. It smells wonderful.
Price: $14.99 ($20 w/shipping) not bad considering most "luxury" shave creams are in the $25-$40 price range.

Quality: Decent.

Scent: Great scent. Smells EXACTLY LIKE A ROSE.

Latherability: Very Good. Produces a lot of lather with little effort or product.

Efficacy & Moisturising Properties: Slickness and razor glide aren't very good with this cream. I end up with nicks and dry skin after shaving.

Packaging: Nothing special. Cream colored tub with red writing on it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
TOBS makes good creams, and they are good values. I'm fortunate enough to have a sample pack of all of TOBS creams.

I cannot stand the Rose.

The scent is overly cloying. I don't find it a "masculine rose" like (say) C&S 88. It's quite feminine. Even after the shave and rinse, I can still detect the rose scent. This makes applying aftershave/cologne a bit of a challenge.

I also found that it irritated my skin. This wasn't the case with any of the other TOBS creams.

I used this once, and again once or twice during "April Flowers" but gave up.

If you really like the scent of rose - perhaps this is for you. If you aren't sure, then you should either acquire a sample before buying or avoid altogether. TOBS makes too many other great scents (Mr. Taylor, Shaving Shop, etc.) to take a chance on this.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
After using the TOBS Avocado for a few days, I tried the TOBS Rose today. This is a very good shaving cream, it lathers like a champion, and the lather treat your skin in the best possible way, great shave, no irritation, but I feel the Avocado was just a little bit better. The rose scent was a little bit syntetic in my nose, I have used the excellent Fitjarsoaps Rose cream also, and that cream has a much more natural rose scent. But the performance of the TOBS Rose is up there among the stars. For me I will always have the TOBS Avocado in my rotation, the best shaving cream I have tried, but for Rose creams I would buy the Fitjarsoap instead.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Great stuff. Good value for money.
BUT, the scent ........can be a ? for some (me included).
My wife:001_tt1: loves it.
A super performing English cream that provides an excellent shave with a top notch natural rose smell that can be found for around $15 bucks. A great performer that cost way less than the other T's. Worth trying for sure.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
My second perchase here in Sweden, it took some time to get this one, and it was last one at the store. Lovely smell, leathers richly and what à great feeling.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
D
Gotta be one of the best creams available. TOBS Rose is one of my go to creams/soaps. Wonderful aroma, lather, consistency. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
My 1st shaving cream (bought it from classicshaving.com) and I have been using it for the past 2-3 weeks.

Only wish they are easier to find (internet appears to be the only option around San Diego, CA)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I have to say at first i didn't like the smell. After 4 shaves though it grew on me and I like it much better. Lathers quick and is awesome. Smooth and comfortable. Leaves my face feeling well moisturized. I dig the tub it comes in. Good for travel (checked bags only). All in all I think any TOBS cream is great. Will leave this in my rotation, that's for sure!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I was a little afraid ordering something called "rose" and my wife gave me a strange look when I broke it out to use the first time. After the first use, I was in love with the entire shave experience and the scent is like walking into a flower shop. My wife thinks it is a wonderful scent - can't go wrong there.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
It smells like a rose is right under your nose. Very realistic and not overpowering. I was worried I was going to walk around all day smelling like an old lady, but this is actually a very masculine scent. The smell fades away in about an hour or so.

It lathers like a champ, very thick and cushions. The razor just glides through it. I had the best shave I have probably ever had with this cream. Leaves you as soft as a rose.

I dont have any other rose creams to compare to, so I cant say it is better than any particular cream.

It's an A+ in my book, at least try a sample of it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
One of my all around favorite creams in terms of price, latherability, scent, efficacy and moisturizing!
Top Bottom