What's new

Taylor's Hypoallergenic Shaving Cream

I thought I'd add a few words on how this compares to Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Unscented, which has been my scent-free cream of choice until now. As the original reviewer noted, the lather is great once you've figured out the right cream/water ratio, but I have noticed that it takes a little bit longer to get this right than it does with the T&H. The other main difference is the (lack of) scent: whereas the T&H has a very mild lavender-like aroma, I really can't detect any scent at all with the TOBS. I don't see that as a problem; this is advertised as one for sensitive skin, after all. I can't imagine a cream getting more neutral.

Some scented creams irritate my skin, but this makes for a problem-free shave. Yes, the T&H might require a little less work, but it's also nearly twice as expensive.
I have very sensitive skin so I have to be really careful with any products that I use on my face.

Price - Not cheap, but not overly expensive either

Quality - Best quality shave cream I have used (not that I've used a lot - KMF Fragrance Free, Real Shaving Co. Sensitive, canned stuff...)

Latherability - The lather I get with this cream is unreal

Moisturizing - I need to use a moisturizer every day. So far I haven't noticed this drying my face out at all
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This was my first cream as I do have very sensitive skin. Overall, this cream is about function. It doesn't smell great at all, but it provides a very acceptable lather and has not bothered my skin the least. Overall, I am very happy with this cream
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
You would buy this cream only because it's hypoallergenic and you have a very sensitive skin and that's the only thing it's good at. It's very neutral, has no smell and lathers normal. For me it's an ok cream and I had bought it to try it out. It finally ended up mixing it with other creams and now it's just sitting in the corner picking up dust.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a wonderful cream for those with sensitive skin like myself. Like the rest of the Taylor's line, it lathers quite well. It has a very neutral smell, almost like lite plain bar soap. It lubricates very well during the shave. The lather is very slick and moist once you have your water/cream ratio down pat. However afterwards it would behoove you to use a moisturizer just for good measure. Some days I've found that one can skip the moisturizer but on others it seems very drying. Then again that could be because of these wacky weather patterns here in Texas recently.

I would recommend this highly to anyone with sensitive skin or those who have found that no scented cream will work well without irritation.

It's a little on the pricey side, coming in at $18.49 from classicshaving. However despite the price it is well worth the money. This container has lated me over 6 weeks with every day use.

Of course the packaging isn't all that fantastic but if you're in this gig for just the packaging I don't think you have quite the right idea.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)