What's new

Taylors Almond Cream

Pros: Creamy, Moisturizing, Great Scent
Cons: none
This is in fact a awesome shave cream. I wasn't expecting to smell almond extract or anything like a real almond, and this stuff smells great anyway. It's just a pleasurable scent, nothing like tobacco or grass or citrus.. it's different and yummy. The lather you can build is EXCELLENT. The moisturizing effects are EXCELLENT. My face feels supple afterwards. I'm not trying to sell this, just saying that I really like this stuff and would buy it again. I think I'll try the Taylor's Shave Shop or Eton College, or St. James next.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent and slickness
This is the first shave cream I have used and I love it.
The scent is wonderful and mixes well with many after shaves.

It helps glide my razor very smoothly across my face and really helps stop razor burn.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: The Scent, the creaminess, the moisturizing
Cons: Scent could be stronger on the face
Of all the scents TOBS offers, this may very well be my favorite! It lathers quite easily, with an almond-sized dab producing enough for 4 passes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather and smell
Cons: None I could find
Whilst in England, I ordered some Taylors testers from Connaught shaving. I ordered the sandalwood and the almond. I didnt especially like the sandalwood smell, but the almond.... A small drop and even my pathetic synthetic brush (i am relatively new at this) makes a superb foam. The only comparison i have is with the palmolive cream (which foams well in my opinion), but the taylors lathers even better. I use a Jagger DE 89 2011 and it feels very smooth with the Taylors cream, in fact it feels softer with the Taylors than with the Palmolive (but maybe I am just imagining). The smell is quite something the first time you lather, but now that I have used it a couple of times, I hardly notice it. It smells like almond and that is very nice. My wife doesnt think it is overpowering either after shaving. The great bonus is the moisturizing benefits of this cream. I always use nivea basic moisturizing cream after shaving with the palmolive, but with the Taylors, I don't bother my skin feels so soft after a shave. All in whole, I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it. It is more expensive than the palmolive (in the UK that is) but it feels so much more luxurious.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: super moisturizing, lathers up easily, inexpensive, smells incredible
Just got the TOBS Almond and it's a great product. You need just a little bit to create an enormously moist lather. It's a super smooth and close shave. My skin is moisturized and I smell great afterwards. Love this stuff!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
My first shaving cream. Love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: with so many Almond scents available, this is the best for the price
Cons: because there are other better Almond cream, you might just want to go for the more expensive ones
TOBS was my first shaving cream when I started into the DE world. After 3 years ofDE shaving, and trying out many other scent and brands, I would say a tub of TOBS should be in everyone's rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love taylors (especially rose), but I just can't get excited about their almond cream. While it smells fine in the tub, it becomes rather bland under my nose and its performance is just mediocre for a high end cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Things have been quiet in the shave cream forum, so I thought I would share my reactions to Taylor's Almond. For some background, I am a huge Taylor's fan. Probably >50% of my shaves are with their creams. I find their scents and shaving qualities to be superb for my skin.

Here is the tub among my SOTD stuff:
displayimage.php

When I got the tub, it was quite soft, to the point where it would begin to flow if you tilted the tub. Figuring hot weather was the cause, I put in the fridge for an hour or so. It didn't make much difference, and I decided "what the heck" - just leave it alone. I am sure if I left it in overnite it would harden up, but I thoought I would use it soft and see how it goes.

You can see the texture (kind of) in the picture. My finger trail hangs around in it, but it is very soft compared to my other tubs:
displayimage.php

Getting the Savile Row good and warm in the mug warmer:
displayimage.php

Shaking out the water:
displayimage.php

Grabbing some cream:

displayimage.php

and shoving it in the brush:
displayimage.php

Ten swirls in the bowl:
displayimage.php

20 swirls:
displayimage.php

And final lather:
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

OK, enough pictures, let's talk about the product!

Aroma:
In the tub, this stuff smells fantastic. It is the bakery sweetness of almonds, with a strong cherry note. In fact, my 6 year old stuck his honker in the tub and immediately said "maraschino cherries!". When lathered, the almond smell is extremely light, combined with a typical soapiness. I would actually prefer a stronger scent in the lather itself, but oh, well.

Lather:
Very interesting stuff. All Taylor's has great lathering and lubricity qualities. I can actually detect (I think) small differences in the lather characteristics between the various Taylor's products. The lavender produces a fairly airy, light lather that goes well with its floral nature. At the other end of the spectrum is the Avocado, which is a very thick, emollient cream. The Lemon/Lime is somewhere in between. For the Almond, it has a very moist character to it that I haven't seen before. The lather is exceptionally shiny and moist, and feels utterly fantastic. Perhaps you can get the sense of this from the pictures.

The shave:
I always get a good shave from Taylor's, but I would classify this as a GREAT shave. There is something about the lather that really pleased my face. It was close, completely irritation-free, and I had that amazing "glowing" feeling to my skin afterward that felt absolutely wonderful. Top notch stuff. I would rank this stuff as high or higher than the Avocado for "feel good" qualities. The Avocado, however, is more moisturizing to the skin relative to the Almond.

All in all this is a really great product that I can recommend highly.

Enjoy!
Really a nice Almond shaving cream. It does tend to have more of a "cherry" like smell than Coates and Trumper, but it is wonderful in its own right.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Very nice cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
When I first tried this cream, I thought it to have a medicinal scent of almond, rather than a real almond scent, but over time it has grown on me. Now, it's in my rotation and it is by far the most moisturizing cream I own. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price is awesome! I got it from Cottonblossom when I ordered some blades. $12.75 and about $.25 extra for shipping. A bargain.

The scent is pleasant but it's no lavendar!

Everything about this cream is excellent. I plan on using it daily for a couple of weeks with my HD/Feather combo.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I really like Taylor's creams. The almond is very nice. I could not believe the shave that I got this morning when I used this cream for the first time. Wow! Like butter! It really moisturizes very well. I thought that it would come in a cheap plastic tub. However, the plastic tub is something akin to the old fashioned Bake-Lite that the old radios were made of. Smells good in the jar. Once you whip it up into a lather, my experience is that the scent goes away. :frown: I just wish that the Almond scent was a bit more pronounced. This cream will be a major player in my rotation, though.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I am a big fan of creams and almond is my favorite scent. I've used C&E for the last 20 years and just began sampling other brands. I just finished off a jar of Salter's almond and have been using the Taylors for the last two weeks.
I think it has the best almond scent I have encountered so far. Everything else about it is excellent. I don't know how a shave cream could be better than this, aside from personal preferences about scent. And the price is excellent!

Roger
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I like this shave cream quite a bit. So far all of TOBS creams I've tried work excellent for me and the almond is no excetion. While it isn't something that I use too much, it is a cream that will always be in my rotation. Especially around winter/holiday times.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is the shave cream I use most often. I find it the easiest to whip up a good lather, the smell is fine, christmas cake as my son said, and doesnt linger so you can always put a different smelling aftershave balm on without too much mix and match in the smell. Its not the most exciting packaging in the world, mines in a biege pot, mmm biege, but its sturdy and does the job. At £6.50 its also good value.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Wow what a scent, it's divine, the only downside being it's not so strong once on the face, but what a way to wake up. This cream produces an excellent lather and found myself cutting back to half what I normally use - it's going to last ages! This cream doesn't feel super-moisturising, but equally it's not drying either. All in all another great cream by Taylor's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
A fantastic cream. Like any other ToOBS cream it will lather well and provide an excellent shave. However in my case it burned my skin so I had to get rid of it. Despite this I would highly recommend this cream to those looking for a almond kinda cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Love the scent of this cream. I have tried Taylors Lavender, Rose, Avocado as well and this one smells the best to me. Like one poster said, neither moisturizing or drying. I also have to disagree with some who say the scent is weak when lathered on the face. I find it neither strong nor weak, just right for my tastes. Great lather. Great shave. Price when compared to other top creams can't be beat. But the scent :) I can see reaching for this more than the others.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)