What's new

Taylors Almond Cream

Pros: The Scent, the creaminess, the moisturizing
Cons: Scent could be stronger on the face
Of all the scents TOBS offers, this may very well be my favorite! It lathers quite easily, with an almond-sized dab producing enough for 4 passes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: super moisturizing, lathers up easily, inexpensive, smells incredible
Just got the TOBS Almond and it's a great product. You need just a little bit to create an enormously moist lather. It's a super smooth and close shave. My skin is moisturized and I smell great afterwards. Love this stuff!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: with so many Almond scents available, this is the best for the price
Cons: because there are other better Almond cream, you might just want to go for the more expensive ones
TOBS was my first shaving cream when I started into the DE world. After 3 years ofDE shaving, and trying out many other scent and brands, I would say a tub of TOBS should be in everyone's rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent and slickness
This is the first shave cream I have used and I love it.
The scent is wonderful and mixes well with many after shaves.

It helps glide my razor very smoothly across my face and really helps stop razor burn.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I love taylors (especially rose), but I just can't get excited about their almond cream. While it smells fine in the tub, it becomes rather bland under my nose and its performance is just mediocre for a high end cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
My first shaving cream. Love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather and smell
Cons: None I could find
Whilst in England, I ordered some Taylors testers from Connaught shaving. I ordered the sandalwood and the almond. I didnt especially like the sandalwood smell, but the almond.... A small drop and even my pathetic synthetic brush (i am relatively new at this) makes a superb foam. The only comparison i have is with the palmolive cream (which foams well in my opinion), but the taylors lathers even better. I use a Jagger DE 89 2011 and it feels very smooth with the Taylors cream, in fact it feels softer with the Taylors than with the Palmolive (but maybe I am just imagining). The smell is quite something the first time you lather, but now that I have used it a couple of times, I hardly notice it. It smells like almond and that is very nice. My wife doesnt think it is overpowering either after shaving. The great bonus is the moisturizing benefits of this cream. I always use nivea basic moisturizing cream after shaving with the palmolive, but with the Taylors, I don't bother my skin feels so soft after a shave. All in whole, I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it. It is more expensive than the palmolive (in the UK that is) but it feels so much more luxurious.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Creamy, Moisturizing, Great Scent
Cons: none
This is in fact a awesome shave cream. I wasn't expecting to smell almond extract or anything like a real almond, and this stuff smells great anyway. It's just a pleasurable scent, nothing like tobacco or grass or citrus.. it's different and yummy. The lather you can build is EXCELLENT. The moisturizing effects are EXCELLENT. My face feels supple afterwards. I'm not trying to sell this, just saying that I really like this stuff and would buy it again. I think I'll try the Taylor's Shave Shop or Eton College, or St. James next.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Sadly, I have to say that I can't use this cream: it makes my face itch. I've been using TOBS shaving creams for many, many years and this is the first of their creams that I've had a problem with. TOBS shaving creams are my go to creams and fortunately they have many other wonderful ones that give me spectacular shaves.
Not bad overall. I have been wet shaving about 4 months, and mostly use soaps (though some like Cella and Proraso split the difference between soaps and creams). TOBS almond is my first true cream, and I like it pretty well. The smell is amazing, and it lathers like a champ (easiest lathering substance I've ever used). My only gripe is that I don't think it offers as much protection as some of my favorite soaps (Cella, Proraso, Mamabear's). I end up with a a few more nicks with TOBS than the others. Of course, much of this is bad technique BUT the others offer a little more protection (I haven't nicked my self using cella or mama bear's ever).
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
everything has already been said, so i'll just add my endorsement of this awesome cream :)
Having picked up some samples from the Shave Den (something I recommend to everyone here!) I had my first experience with one of the three T's. I am a huge almond fan and found this experience to be a very good one.

Price:
For the amount you get, and how long it lasts, its good, but it could always be cheaper!

Quality:
I can see why the TOBS gets such a good rep around here, this stuff is the real deal, great consistency, great scent, everything.

Scent:
Marzipan cherry goodness....this smell is one of my favorites and lived up to my expectations.

Latherability:
I think this is where this product really shines, in the bowl after about 2 min of work I had more lather than I would ever use. Not to mention the thickness and moisture of the lather was amazing, good stiff peaks too.

That being said, this product works great, shaves great, smells great. Go almond!
Taylor Almond, ah well.

As I first got my Almond Tub and took my first sniff I had been very disappointed.
The scent is very artificial.

Let me explain;
beeing a chemist I had been working two weeks with a substance called benzaldehyde.
This substance is the major part (with ~90%) of natural almond oil.
Still, natural almonds don´t smell like this stuff, nor like the cream.

The scent of benzaldehyde is extremely pleasant cherry and marzipany.
But it´s also very synthetic.
After working so long time with this stuff I was shocked by the scent of the cream,
instantly bringing me back to work.
It smelled just like it so I had to check the ingredients
and right there it was: benzaldehyde *tadaa*.

benzaldehyde is quite volatile so it will not be that easy to recognize when lathered up.
That´s exactliy what I experienced using it.
The scent fades quickly but remains strong enough to be slightly smelled.

But still the cream produces very nice lather and gives me great shaves.
I let some time pass and have now come to like it.
I can even enjoy the kind of artificial smell of benzaldehyde,
beeing as I said very pleasant.

So the Taylor Almond is nice if you like a cream with a strong benzaldehyde smell. I think this applies to all the three T´s, doesnt´it?

My alternative to this cream:
Cella crema di sapone. Very natural almond/marzipan with a clean soapy touch but very little cherry.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
just ok
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: $13.99 from John at Shaving Essentials. Similar cost at other online retailers. The quantity per price is second to none. One tub can last a minimum of 6 months.

Quality: It's TOBS. Enough said. Actually, it is great quality. The product is not soupy and and it is not rock hard. The consistency is hard to describe, almost like a stiff egg white used when cooking.

Scent: I could sit and smell this stuff all day. As others have stated, it is not a pure almond scent, more like a cherry almond, and artificial at that. Smells like almond extract minus the alcohol. Basically, HEAVENLY. The smell is very fleeting. As soon as you start to lather, it begins to dissipate.

Latherability: A small amount yields a decent amount of lather, enough for three passes. It whips up very easily. It is a very light lather. I might need to work on my mix a little, but at times, when lathering, it was flying out of my mug is was so light.

Efficacy: Not quite the shave I would have expected. I got a nice smooth shave, but not a BBS shave. I have sensitive skin, and it did not irritate it at all.

Moisturizing Properties: Good, not great. By no means was my face at a moisture deficit after completing the shave. However, when compared to TOBS Avocodo, there is no comparison. The almond is a clear second and TOBS Avocodo is the runaway favorite.

Packaging: I didn't rate the packaging as it is not extremely important to me; or rather, it is not important to me for something I paid $13.99 for. It is not flashy, but it does the job. Truthfully, I wish it were more environmentally friendly.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Almond, like all Taylor creams performs very well in all categories. For me this one stands out because of it's lovely scent. The Almond reminds me of a fresh italian biscotti. It's perfect for around Christmas time.:smile:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have been a great fan of Taylor's since I started wetshaving,finding them to make the best shaving creams out of the three T's at half the price of the other ones.
I adore the TOBS Avocado and Rose,but now rank the Almond as my favorite shaving cream period. The scent is between marzipan and maraschino cherries,and is my favorite almond scent of all the different almond creams.
This cream gives a wonderful shave,no irritation or stinging on my ultra sensitive skin.
It is not moisturizing like the Avocado,but leaves my skin moist and glowing,
not slick but very fresh and calm.
All in all I would highly recommend this shaving cream,it was one of my most pleasant surprises in the wetshaving world.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I generally prefer Trumpers creams to Taylor´s, but this one is one of my favorites. I use it at least once a week, and I´m never disappointed.

I picked this up when I was filling out an order to TOBS. After all the hype on this forum, I wanted to try the avocado cream. However, the avocado was not what i expected. It was rather thin in consistency and the scent was only acceptable. The almond however has an excellent scent and a nice firm consistency that lathers easily and thickly.

The scent is, as mentioned, a bit more cherryish than Trumpers. As much as I like the Trumper almond, I do believe I prefer the scent of this cream.

Packaging is nothing special but serves its purpose.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Love the scent of this cream. I have tried Taylors Lavender, Rose, Avocado as well and this one smells the best to me. Like one poster said, neither moisturizing or drying. I also have to disagree with some who say the scent is weak when lathered on the face. I find it neither strong nor weak, just right for my tastes. Great lather. Great shave. Price when compared to other top creams can't be beat. But the scent :) I can see reaching for this more than the others.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
A fantastic cream. Like any other ToOBS cream it will lather well and provide an excellent shave. However in my case it burned my skin so I had to get rid of it. Despite this I would highly recommend this cream to those looking for a almond kinda cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)