What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street's #74 Victorian Lime Cologne

Bought this one blind, but it didn't disappoint me. It's a clean. fresh, "Old World" lime fragrance. With "Victorian" in the name I expected something floral and this has fuchsia notes, but they're bright and add character without being cloying or feminine.

It a nutshell this is a bright juicy lime that doesn't smell like candy or cleaner. Mix in some florals and a little wood and you've got a winner. Longevity on me is ~3 hours, but I catch faint whiffs of it here and there.

Packaging is standard, economical Taylor fare which doesn't bother me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Good stuff, but it has a kind of barbershop undertone that I don't like. Anyone else get that as well? I wouldn't buy it again.
I have had this for a few days now the staying power is ecellent way beyond what i expected, the scent is full on when you first use it but mellows very nice! another well done by TOBS
How does it stack up against Trumper's Limes? Anyone know please?
A great fresh, pick-me up scent for those sweltering summer months. I highly recommend it, I just wish it had some staying power! I picked up mine at Cambridge chemists in NYC.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I have used this for about a month now.

I don't wear much cologne to start with; so it's really only there for me and an occassional person who happens to get close enough.

Just a nice, subtle lime/powderish scent, without being feminine. I enjoy this stuff -- perfect for the summer.

I am a big lime/citrus fan; so this is perfect for me; love the scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
I have been searching for a nice lime cologne and I'm not sure this is it. While the lime is there when first applied, after an hour it has faded leaving a very pleasant spicy scent behind. Kind of old school, soothing and very much worth wearing. I could make this stuff a habit.

It comes in a shaker top bottle, which I prefer. I can put on exactly as much or as little as I like, and I like to use cologne in very small doses. So this is perfect. If you want to swim in it, that's no problem either.

A very nice summertime scent. It doesn't seem very complex, but on the other hand it cost $50 shipped so I feel it's a great value.

I'm not sure it's going to displace my beloved Speick cologne (simple tastes here) but I like it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
I will vote in favour of the cologne. Great price (as with all TOBS products, really), and a very nice lime scent that I really enjoy. It's great for summer, and I don't mind that it's fairly straightforward/simplistic since sometimes that's what I'm looking for. I'll agree with the comments on longevity.

To me, the packaging leaves a little to be desired. Maybe that's one of the reasons we get it at a good price, but the lettering on the bottle seems 2nd-rate and the bottle/cap could be better too.

Oh, and since when are limes yellow?? :confused1
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
I'm not as high on No.74 Limes as a lot of gents but it has a place in my cabinet nevertheless. First, this is by far the longest lasting citrus scent I have ever worn. I know that citrus oils are very volatile and evaporate quickly, but somehow this cologne keeps it's citrus quality all day long. Personally I find it to be very "perfumy" and a little feminine, especially at first. This isn't a scent that I would wear to work or a night on the town. It reminds me of something that should be worn to the yacht club, hence I tend to wear it on weekends to outdoor functions. Without question it is one of the best values in gentleman's fragrances.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
This is the only lime scent that doesn't last a negative amount of time on me. You heard me- all of the others disappear before I apply them.

I don't get anywhere near the staying power that others have reported, but it does last for up to two or three hours. Not only do I reach for this after using lemon or lime creams, but also avocado and coconut oil. Nice stuff!:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Best lime cologne out there. period.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
I think that those above have said it all. This stuff is great and lasts much, much longer than the T&H West Indian Limes. To my amateur nose, this starts of spicy with a hint of limes and the lime comes on a little stronger after it dries down. Just bought a bottle so that when my 10 ml decant runs out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Only one word necessary to describe this cologne = SUPERLATIVE!

This is my favorite limes colonge - not only for its supeb scent, but for its staying power. Trumper/T&H Limes colognes tend to last about 1 hour on me, where as the Taylor #74 limes will last WELL into the evening.

Simply marvelous!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
A true classic at an attractive price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
An excellent limes for summer--sweet and spicy, with decent staying power for a citrus scent. Well worth trying if you're a Limes fan.

Mitch
Top Bottom