5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: price and performance
Since moving to a shavette and Feather Artist SS razor, this is first premium quality shave cream I have purchased, based on amazon reviews. (I used wilkinson sword soap prior to this).

This shave cream has neutral scent. It lathers very quickly and easily. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin. After trialing shavettes and blades combinations, this cream really performs!

The lather is rich, it doesn't dry out quickly and doesn't sting if you nick yourself. A little goes a very long way so it lasts quite well. Used in conjunction with a pre-shave oil it delivery a satisfying shave. I can't see anyone being less than happy with this one!

I have just purchased the ToBS Jermyn Sensitive cream to try out in comparison. The ingredients appear to be identical but the tub and price are not.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I liked this cream - no smell which sometimes i like.
I also use PRORASO which is the best but 2 / 3 weekly i use taylor hypo-allergenic shaving cream as my skin can get sensitive with air-con and sunshine.
Nice lather, no stickyness and no Fancy Dan packaging - safe and simple, fuss free packaging that is fit for a real man (like me).

I like this cream and it wasnt expensive which is nice. :thumbup:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
There are two versions of this cream floating around. One is unscented and the other one is scented. That's right, same packaging, same UPC code, the list of ingredients is identical except that one includes "Parfum". Start reading this thread at post #14. My two attempts to get this cream in unscented both resulted in getting the scented version.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I use this cream to superlather my favorite scented soaps (Tabac and Taylors Lavender). I dont think I have ever used this cream by itself so I cant comment on how it works as a standalone cream. But I dont buy it to use that way. My neck is very sensitive to shaving itself but not to product ingredients so, fortunately, I dont have to rely on unscented or sensitive skin soaps or creams. But as mentioned, I think that the Taylors sensitive (and unscented) cream works great as the cream "base" for superlathering scented soaps and I recommend giving it a try for this purpose. I load a little bit on my finger and then apply to the brush (to keep from "contaminating" the cream with different soap scents) and then bowl lather the cream and soap.
My ratings are based solely on how I personally use this cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
This is the second cream I tried since I have sensitive skin in the neck.

I enjoy this cream. The quality is similar to any other TOBS products, which is usually good. Provides enjoyable shaves, but I can't say I have find it much more cushioning than other creams.

There is absolutely no scent. Nothing. Smells no more than straight water.

Latherability is quite good, I find it easy to whip a good amount of cream in short time for 3 passes and touch-ups. However, this cream requires some more water than I usually put into my other creams. The first few times I was using it, I was ending with dry cream on my chin and upper lip (the areas I shave last in my passes).

Packaging is horrendous as usual with TOBS creams, but does its job: drab tan color of plastic tub. At least what's inside is good, that's what counts.

In terms of moisturizing, I'm not feeling dry, but I can't say I'm feeling hyper moisturized either. It's good enough.

All in all, a nice shaving cream, typical of TOBS. Try it if you have sensitive skin and/or want an unscented cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I am seriously allergic to scented products, they should put me in a bubble:frown:, that said this stuff for me is a god send.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have very very sensitive skin and have to use the mildest shave creams I can find. This one does a decent job, but I always felt like it left something behind.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Sorry....I think this cream is terrible. The idea behind it is that Taylors is eliminating parabens from its products. I don't know what the rest of the folks have to say, but for my money, the other Taylor creams work great, this one is headed for the trash can.

Boyextraordinare;1004250 said:
TGR is a big joke, but that this product is vastly superior is no joke.

That said, I don't think you should go unscented unless you truly have sensitive skin.
TGR is a big joke, but that this product is vastly superior is no joke.

That said, I don't think you should go unscented unless you truly have sensitive skin.
Top Bottom