What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street: Mr Taylors Aftershave Luxury Balm

Item Description

This clear, light gel based balm comes into heavy rotation during the hot, sticky summer days.

It is alcohol free and disappears into the skin quickly after a blast of soothing witch hazel to close the pores, with enough aloe and allantoin to be lightly moisturizing without leaving the skin feeling heavy.

I find the Mr. Taylors' scent to be light but lingering. Websites note the scent as having undertones of Cedar and Sandalwood along with Patchouli, Musk, Tarragon, Lavender, Green Galbanum and Citrus. Sounds busy, but the effect is clean and very masculine.

It is not the best value out there, a .75 ml tube runs about $22 and will last about six weeks of routine use, but it easy to get hooked on this British classic. That said, there is truth in advertising - TOBS does label this their luxury balm. Sometimes the good stuff does come at a premium.

This is a particularly good choice for those sensitive to menthol who are looking for a refreshing, cooling balm during the hot summer days.

Recommended!

Latest reviews

Pros: No alcohol burn
Cons: Scent, amount needed, price
Up until now I would have been right with everyone else trumpeting the luxury aftershave balm from the hilltops. I used to love it; even gave it as gifts to family and friends.
But they recently changed the formula. To me it now seems very similar in consistency and odor to that blue Afta that you find at Walmart. Gone are the days when a tiny amount mixed with water covers your face, makes you feel wonderful, and leaves a glorious scent. Now it takes a lot of product, doesn't cover your face very well, and smells cheap. I'll never buy it again. F.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Pros: A little dab'll do ya
Cons: A bit pricey for a small amount, but it doesn't take much
Love the scent of Mr. Taylor shave cream, and this smells exactly like it.Just a small amount is all that is needed, and as one other reviewer stated, maybe add just a tad of water, and that small amount will go a long way. After applying, I still notice the scent for a couple of hours afterwards, so I usually don't even bother with the cologne until later in the day.This is one I will definitely keep in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells great (not verified by SWMBO), Compact and easy to carry, no alcohol
Cons: Expensive, painful to ship to Afghanistan
First off, Great product. Well worth the money spent, but I think it belongs in the "Shaving Rotation" rather than using it as your only, solitary aftershave product.

Price: Could be cheaper. It's bad enough I have to get it shipped to me, let alone have it a cost a bunch of money.

Quality: Top notch. I gave it an 8, because it didn't cause the sky to part and show me God's face. Otherwise, it would be a ten.

Fights Razor Burn: Yes. It does it rather well. I find that My face feels rather good after using it.

Cooling Sensation: Not a whole lot.. but, a great alternative to menthol.

Scent: I, personally, like the scent. Due to being deployed to Afghanistan, the wife cannot approve.

Effifacy: Yeah, it does the job, smells good, lasts a while, and makes my face feel great. I approve.

Moisturizing: VERY. I feel like my face is rejuvenated, even after using an alum block.

No Alcohol burn: Most definitely. The witch hazel provides a slight tingle. Nothing more. I let a friend use it (who had never used aftershave), and he did enjoy it, as well.

I enjoyed using this product. I've tested it for a couple weeks now, and it's definitely paid off. I'm glad I spent the money to get it shipped out here, as well, as the dry climate was NOT treating my face well.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)