What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Mr. Taylor After Shave Lotion

Pros: Scent will stay with you
Cons: Somewhat different than I expected from the Shave Cream and Aftershave Gel
After using the Mr Taylor Shaving Cream and Mr Taylor Aftershave Gel, I was expecting a much more similar experience with the scent of this product.I was a little surprised when I opened the bottle, and even went online to double-check the labeling. To me at least, the scent is much stronger than either the cream or the gel. I don't know that it is a "different" scent, but it is definitely a "stronger" scent. Maybe it is just more concentrated, On its own, and not comparing it with the cream or gel, it isn't a bad scent. And after a few applications, I have decided to keep it. It does have a very deep cedarwood scent that is growing on me. But I will not be buying it again just to compliment the shaving cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Old School Smell, in a good way.
Cons: Nothing
I can't recognize Lars7's reservations, I find the price to be very reasonable, smell is total old school, wood and spiced fragrance, I am very pleased with it, definitely in my top rotation, and comes before many more expensive products.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
A very disappointing product, especially for the price it retails for. Extremely poor efficacy, the thing literally disappears after you splash some in your palm and before your apply on your face. For some reason the same thing has more or less happened to me with a number of British after shaves, with DRH products being an exception here. Not recommended, very expensive and nothing special overall for what it delivers.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
I'm surprised to be the first to review this little gem.
As it happened for T&H Trafalgar, I first bought the shaving cream, and I liked it.
So, I decided to buy the aftershave too... I have to say I think I've been lucky, because I wasn't completely sure if I was buying a good aftershave or not. Well, my doubts fade away as soon as I opened the bottle.
Guys, this aftershave is so classy, pleasant to wear...
I prefer to wear it on cloudy and rainy days, I feel it's more of a winter scent, with its spicy and woody character.

The price is very good, the quality is TOBS, that is, excellent at half the price of the other two English Ts... :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)