What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Luxury Skin Cleanser

I won a bottle of this on ebay for £1 despite the RRP being about £12/13. I thought I had a steal but how wrong I was was.

TBH I can't really add more than the OP said except he was brave enough to use it more than once. I didn't extend it the same courtesy and binned if after one go. Dreadful stuff with all the appeal of a tonne of rotting codfish.

However, I don't mind the TOBS luxury skin toner with Green Tea skin though. That said I wouldn't pay anywhere near the £12/13 price for it (and I didn't!).
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I purchased Taylors skin cleanser in hopes that it would be just like all other Taylor products, high quality with effective and noticeable results. Sadly, I was wrong. The main problem is that it has the consistency of Lubriderm, smells like it as well. There is no lather to it whatsoever. The main ingredient is Mineral Oil, which has been known to cause acne. I really cant understand why Taylors would choose to put this as its primary ingredient. It also has Jojoba oil, but its such a small amount that I feel its used as a marketing tool. I have normal to dry skin, and upon using this, was an oil slick. Whats worse is when you use it, it stays on your hands and face, literally like a coating of olive oil. My face looked very shiny after about 30 minutes of use. I got my girlfriend to try it also, she has dry skin, and the first thing she said while washing her face was "Its so greasy!" Her dry skin also ended up looking terribly oily a half hour later, we both had to use tissues throughout the day to blot our faces, something we've never had to do. We both ended up having very unsightly blemishes the next day, which i dont feel was a coincidence seeing as how we are both in our mid 20's with nice enough skin. The price tag is $25 for this stuff and it truly isnt work $2

I tried it for 4 more days following to see if it was something my skin just had to adjust to, but afterwards my skin was horrible. I am currently in the healing process from a major breakout, which I havent had in at least ten years. Everyday my skin just got worse and worse, more oily and blemished. Immediately upon stopping use, my skin began healing back to normal. I really cant put this product down enough. Just dont waste your time unless you like experiencing the worst break out of your life.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)