What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street Collection Shaving Cream for Sens

Pros: Easy to lather; nice scent
Cons: Dries quickly; small irritation
Bought this iin the tube edition during a trip to London, more than a year ago. Its purpose was to use it on my trips. tried it for the first time with a Vulfix silvertip brush at home. Disappointing !! Lahtered very easily but dried very quickly, even before I finished my first pass... At the same time, I was feeling a tingling sensation, I could not make where it was coming from. (lateron, I learned it may be due to lanolin which this cream includes. Not sure, just mentioning it.)

Anyway, I tried it a second time, while on a trip: the results were the same. So I put it aside and did not use it again until last week. As my Tabac soap was nearing its end (and the refill has not arrived yet), I decided to give it a thrid try but now with a stiffer, pure badger Omega brush.

Well, it feels totally different ! It lathers well again but does not give this annoying tingling feeling on the face. This may be due to the stiffer brush pushing the cream in the skin and/or doing a soft peeling of the skin, before the cream arrives. It sill dries too fast, however.

I would not recommend it; there are very nice creams around (Proraso Green) and, of course, the ultimate Tabac soap !!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells great, lathers well
Cons: None
SCENT: TOBS Rose has been my go-to cream for awhile, but it just got knocked off the top spot by Jermyn St. The scent isn't as strong as the other TOBS I've tried, but it sure is nice. I'm not sure how to describe it except to say that it reminds me of a store in Kansas City that sells new age gifts...lots of candles and incense. It is a really pleasant smell but not at all overwhelming.

PRICE: Reasonable. I've noticed that some places charge a little more for Jermyn St, but I found it online for the same price as the other scents.

QUALITY: Solid 10. I've yet to find something I don't like about TOBS creams.

LATHER: A little dab fills my brush with enough thick cream to last through my normal 2 passes and more if I need it.

This is a great shaving cream in a classic package that does everything it's supposed to do and does it with a lot of style. You won't be disappointed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Superb lather, easy to use, little product needed to provide plenty of lather.
Cons: None
This was my first bowl of shaving cream purchased after switching from a Fusion razor and Fusion Gel to a DE Razor. I use tubes mainly just because I like to try different products I use CO Bigelow mainly and sometimes switch to TOB Sandalwood cream in a tube.
I don't have sensitive skin, but got it after reading reviews on B&B and other forums.
I use a bowl to lather and this makes an easy luxurious lather, when I shave the razor just glides over my face.
I normally do two or three passes wtg,xtg & atg,
I soon found you do not need a lot of this to give you a great shave.
There is subtle scent not a strong perfumee smell at all, the cream is a little soft so don't load the brush with too much as I did first time. I had enough lather to shave for days!
I like the black tub it looks classy.
This is definitely a quality product and I will not hesitate to purchase anything made by TOBS in the future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price - At the price I got it for it was definitely worth a punt.

Scent - I'm not all that sold on the scent. To me it seems a little too perfumey and cloying. I prefer to smell something a bit fresher and lighter on my face for my morning shave.

Latherability - I had no problems lathering this one up.

Efficacy - This cream seemed a little too light and not slippery or oily enough for my liking. It didn't cling as strongly to my face as other products so provided a less smooth experience.

Moisturising Properties - My skin felt soft after using it with no hint of drying.

Packaging - I really liked the packaging. About as nice as a plastic bowl could get ergonomically speaking. It has a nice rounded bottom that rests well in the hand and large ridges on the edge of the lid to provide a good grip even with wet hands.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: smell
Cons: irritated my skin to much
had to many problems with it. i love the smell very much, but the cream burns my face. i'll continue trying hoping my face will accept it :D
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Tub lasts a long time. Scent is mild and disappears quickly. Does not leave skin feeling tight. No irritation.
Cons: Lather thickness can be incosistant- but that could be due to a lack of technique.
This was my first "decent" shaving cream purchase after switching to a DE Razor. I was very pleased with how mild it felt on my skin. It seemed to have no impact- meaning it did not change how my skin felt after I shaved. It did not dry it out and it did not leave it feeling greasy, which is how I think a "sensitive" cream should behave. There is subtle scent thats smells "clean". Not perfumee at all. After you remove it from your face, you don't notice it. Again, just how I think a sensitive product should be. Lather was decent to above average Again, as my initial entry to DE shaving, I had to learn the proper techinique to achieve the correct balance. Once I did, lather was good. I liked the black tub. But as long as the packaging holds the product, I'll rate it a 10. I'll leave further analysis for marketing/consumer psychology classes. Definitely a quality product. It did what it was advertised to do. Which is not as common as it should be. Would not hesitate to purchase anything made by TOBS in the future.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lovely Scent.
Cons: Lather a bit ti light.
I have been using this a few times now and although I love the scent I think the lather and slickness lets it down a bit. The lather can be a little light and fluffy compared to other products.

I use this with the Jermyn Street AS and ASB which perform better than the cream. A bit more slickness and this would be a winner.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great addictive smell and Brilliant lather
First shaving cream I tried and I feel it was a great choice for entry into the world of DE shaving.

As many have said it has a subtle but clean scent. I actually find the smell quite addictive.

It lathers brilliantly and is perfect for face lathering. I have tried thicker creams such as Aqua de Parma and always have to bowl lather with that.

Depending on the amount of water on the brush it will produce a light fluffy or thick lather. Only one 1 occasion have I had any difficulty getting the right lather out of this product and on that occasion it produced a very thick lather which was actually still very protective.

Not sure if the sensitive title adds much in terms of efficacy but it may help those with allergies.

Overall I would recommend this cream highly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I recently finished my tub of this and thought I'd share my thoughts.

The most outstanding trait of this product to me is the scent. It smells fresh and clean. It's not my personal favorite, but it is still very nice. The original review by Yoooder was the reason I bought this cream. It does score well on the GAF.

I think the lather it produces is allright but not outstanding. I've tried it with different water and it does make a big difference. Especially in the quantity of lather department. I do not find the lather to be as thick and protective as I'd like though. I find products like the Ogallala Shave Soap and the (European) Palmolive Shave Stick to be better this field. It is fairly easy to get a lather going but harder to get the lather just right.

I use more of this cream than some other products to get the lather I want.

I do not find this product particularly moisturizing, but on the other hand, it's not drying my skin out either. I like other products, like Ogallala Shave Soap, better in this aspect.

I think the black tub looks nice. The sticker on top of the lid started flaking of after a while, but it didn't really bother me. The tub cracked when it was accidentally dropped, but luckily there was only a few shaves worth of cream left when that happened.

All in all, I enjoyed trying this one out, but I will probably not buy it again seeing how many other excellent products are out there to shave with.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price--- It is a tad bit higher than the other TOBS, but you get what you pay for

Quality--- Superb quality. For the price, it doesn't get much better.

Scent --- This is the very reason I am sold on it. What a fresh, zealous fragrance. Kind of reminds me of a starburst candy

Latherability--- This is a TOBS cream. Gobs of lather each and every time, and its lather that lasts easily 4-5 passes. It is ultra slick and has decent cushion.

Efficacy--- It is an instant win for me everytime I use it, great results, no irritation.

Moisturizing Properties--- I think it is higher on the moisturizing end because it is a sensitive-version cream and the lack of parabens helps in this area.

Packaging-- The big plastic screw top bowls from TOBS ya gotta love
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I've been using this product on and off for about a year now. Just received my second tub. It's slick, smells great, and although I don't have sensitive skin, it's nice to know it's less irritating than some others.
I also picked up the aftershave cream because I liked the scent so much.
Smells a bit like Mr. Taylor's, but I like Jermyn St. better. Subtle difference.
I also seem to get pretty consistently smooth shaves out of it, provided I'm not experimenting with another AD at the time. :001_smile
Efficacy gets an 8 because while it's really good, it's not MWF or Tabac or Cella, which for me are at the top in that category.
Packaging is better than the other TOBS tubs (same tub but the black and white looks classier), but had to leave some room for Acqua di Parma and Penhaligon's.
Recommended. Above all other TOBS selections, including Avocado, which everyone but me seems to like so much.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I went right after this product for its " Sensitive Skin " properties. The scent is so amazing and pleasant. I love its latherability and its moisturizing effects. This is my favorite shaving cream that isn't a lavender based product.
Just WOW! Quality, scent, latherability and the efficacy are great! Only one deduction because of its higher price than the other TOBS.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The best smelling Cream I have come across. Impossible for anyone not to like the scent. Up there with the edwin jagger soaps.

Lathers nicely. No PARABENS!

got a few dollars off mine so paid like 12 bucks for a big tub. Been using it for almost 2 months and haven't reached half way yet.
D
Price: TOBS has always been a fairly good deal. No argument here.

Quality: TOBS creams seem to occasionally have some variation between batches, but this cream was just fine. Quality stuff.

Scent: I'm particularly sold on this scent. It's not particularly new or innovative, but it is clean and fresh. I would argue that it is more in the melon-y vein (As is TOBS Avocado), but very pleasant! Especially for a sensitive skin SC.

Latherability: Like most TOBS creams, its a fairly easy lather. I wouldn't say it 'explodes into lather spontaneously' like some of my creams do, but it presented no difficulties in whipping up a creamy slick lather. It did seem a little bit less thirsty than some of my other TOBS creams.

Efficacy: Fairly slick, protective, and cushioning, without completely blowing my socks of in any of those areas. It is a solid performer, well above budget creams, but it just doesn't compare to some of my staple creams and soaps like NB Signature and Tabac.

Moisturizing Properties: My skin felt fairly loved after this cream. No tightness or dryness. Not quite NB Signature levels of moisturizing, but excellent nonetheless.

I must note: In terms of consistency this cream is more like a thick lotion than some of TOBS other creams. My TOBS Rose for example, about half of the tub stuck to the lid in a hard clump.....Where as this makes long floppy peaks when you take the top off.
Price: With this product, a little goes a long way. This is an excellent value.

Quality: Top notch.

Scent: Very subtle and pleasant.

Lather: This erupted into wonderful creamy moisturizing lather, with very minimal effort. Lather easily lasted through my 3 pass shave, with no degradation of overall quality.

Efficacy
I get some of the best shaves with this product. Very slick and rich lather allows you to really go after those whiskers without any fear of burn

Moisturizing
This is one of the most moisturizing creams out there.

Packaging: Nice stackable tub, saves space in your cabinet.

Overall: This is top notch shaving cream, and I would definitely not hesitate to pick up a tub, I am certain you will be pleased.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I got some for Father's Day and really like it. It performs as well as my other ToBS cremes and has a great, subtle scent. I'm not quite sure what makes it better for sensitive skin since it still has fragrance in it, or what justifies the slightly higher price, but it is still a great bargain.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff makes me so happy :w00t::lol::w00t:

After burning through sample packs of several popular brands I've settled on the ToBS Jermyn St. cream for sensitive skin is my favorite and as my backup--not because it's outstanding in any particular category but because it's all-around a great product. It smells fantastic (a mild handsome scent, not overpowering but wonderful to take in), lathers well, shaves well, and leaves my face happy.

It strikes a great balance of providing a little extra care without giving up scents all-together--it's a rare product that targets those of us with skin that needs some extra love but can handle a little scent as well. And for the price (just a small amount more than regular ToBS) it's a fantastic standby.

(I'm rating the scent a 10 simply because it's my personal favorite, plus it scores #1 on the GAF chart (girlfriend-approval-factor)-YMMV, but I wish I could bathe in the stuff)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)