What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Herbal Luxury Aftershave Cream

Pros: smooth, creamy, works great to moisturize, feeling lasts
Cons: price, essentially unscented
In London at the shop this sells for 11.95 pounds, or about US $20. It is minimally scented and has no real cooling effect, but goes on easily and a little goes a while. It is small tube- 2.5 ounces, 75 ml. I think it would do a fine job on razor burn, but I don't get it, so I can't say for sure. I have been using it the past week while in London and this is a fine minimally scented after shave balm that is pricey, but truly nice to use.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I'm glad TOBS Luxury Herbal Aftershave Cream for Gentlemen was my first good aftershave, because it served as a great example of what I should expect from an aftershave product. I haven't tried many others, but so far this one is easily my favorite.

Luxury Herbal is a thin cream that applies easily to the face, which is important when you don't want to apply pressure to your sensitive post-shave skin. The honey, wheatgerm, and avocado oils sooth and moisturize the face and promote healing. The subtle and refreshing scent doesn't seem to be from a fragrance, but simply the result of the natural ingredients; it fades in a few minutes. There isn't a distinct cooling sensation, but, again, it is very soothing. It's obvious that a lot of thought went into what a good aftershave should be when TOBS formulated this.

The only reservation some might have about Luxury Herbal is the US$28 price tag. But considering that it's a top-shelf product by a respected maker, it's not unreasonable. If you don't mind paying the price, I highly recommend it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)