What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College (New Formulation / Blue tub)

Pros: Lather and scent
The TOBS Eton College shave cream has a very elegant and refreshing fragrance.

The packaging is attractive, and the tubs are easy to use.

The shave cream lathers very easily with all types of brushes, and performs as well as the best of them.

Leaves your face feeling moisturized and freshened after using.

Overall very good value for your money.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I've always liked the Eton College fragrance, however I never took a liking to the cream until now, just take a look at my original review a few years back. This new formulation is presented in a blue tub, and is parabens free. The particular batch code used in this evaluation is no. 27079.

The price, and quality earns top marks. The new redesigned tubs also work much better than the old that seemed to have screw thread jamming issues; difficult to open if they were closed too tightly. Note that these new tubs blue or otherwise, are now used across Taylor’s entire shave cream line that has undergone reformulation.

The scent has also much improved; it's now much closer to what your olfactory senses in both the Eton College cologne and aftershave.

It has been tried with, and without Taylor's pre-shave oil; works great either way. The combination of the pre-shave oil and the Eton scents compliment each other rather well. That's enough reason to make its use worthwhile; aromatherapy at its British best!

The shave cream lathers and performs as well as the best of them, dare I say better!? The only other times I enjoyed using an English shave cream this much was with Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet, and therefore that's why I can safely say that this new Taylor offering will give all others a serious run for their money bar none. :001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)