What's new

Tabac Shave Soap

This is a superb shaving soap.Gives a great lather and the smell is great too.I get a really comfortable shave with this soap.Buy some tabac cologne and keep the scent going all day.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
this stuff is amazing, I could almost eat it with a spoon it smells so good.

I think I may have found my goto soap......however haven't tried MB yet.:wink:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
After reading these glowing reviews I bought a pot of this; with a sceptical eye.

I've never had much faith in soaps... Up until now. This is truly amazing stuff, pretty much everything positive that can be said has been said, and rightly so.

I'm not the greatest fan of the scent, but even that has been growing on me these past few weeks.

It really should be any shavers first soap, if nothing else to avoid being put off by inferior products, as I was.

Wish I'd found Tabac soap years ago.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a fantastic soap. The scent is not for everybody but in all other aspects its rates very highly. It does have a tendency to cause some minor irritation on some skin types and I couldn't use it every day for this reason. Having said that it is of the highest quality and another soap I will always have in my collection. The bowl is also very nice and well worth keeping.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
My collection is not that big yet but this is truly one of the best I have. Very high quality lather and scent. Superlather with the cream is just something you have to experience. The scent will stay with you awhile though so plan accordingly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Wonderful stuff. Although it doesn't exactly have a sweet tobacco type smell, the scent is certainly floral and wonderful smelling. A puck costs about $6 off of qedusa.com and lasts me about 5-6 months. The lather is quite possibly the thickest stuff I have ever used, but that provides a marvelous cushion against my straight razors and my open combed safety razor and results in an irritation free shave. Despite being strongly scented, this stuff is very easy on the skin, and I'm able to skip aftershave during the spring and summer. I'm convinced that you can't do better than this for soaps!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love this soap! The scent is just great...reminds me of a warm study in the morning...the windows open and the sunlight streaming in, but the scent of last night's cigar (or pipe) still present. Nice old-time barbershop smell...with talc and tobacco and soap all mixed in there together. the stuff lathered great and shaved great, too! I gave it a 9 for price because the refill cakes are very affordable and I imagine 1 will last a really long time.

Awesome product!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Great soap!! Great scent, my wife likes it too :smile: I picked it up at Amazon.com for $11.50 in the jar. It has certainly found a spot in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Great Lather, blade just glides over your face. Also seems to leave face feeling good.

The more I use this soap the more I love it, If you have not tryed it you must put it on the top of your list!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Benchmark for all soaps.
Great lather , easy to build.
Thick and lubricious with excellent cushioning characteristics.
Scent ??
Even my finicky 7 yr old likes the smell.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love everything about this soap. This is the best soap you can buy. Also the lather get so thick its impossible to cut your self.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I thought I reviewed this already.

When Joel said, "This lather is so thick, rich and creamy it is almost a solid! Really beautiful stuff. Provides an exceptionally close shave with no irritation", he was not exaggerating.

Tabac is the standard by which all shave soap lathers should be graded.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
It's hard to elaborate much more based on the comments that Joel et al have made. I echo them. I've been getting great shaves with this soap. Every brush I've thrown at it has generated a fantastic lather, but the stiffer ones such as my Shavemac 220 and my humble AOS Pure Badger seems to make it easier.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is absolutely incredible. I'm pretty new to wet shaving, but know a quality product when I use it. I got this soap since my dad is a big fan of Tabac aftershave - lovely old school warm smell:biggrin1: - brings back good memories

The lather just explodes with my vulfix pewter after only a few swirls, enough for 4 passes!
Despite the perfume factor, this soap is lovely on my skin and my Merkur futur just glides across like a sled on black ice!

Why are you still reading this, get out there and buy it :biggrin:

ps Ceramic Bowl :cool:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Exellent Soap:biggrin: It lathers like mad!! And so easy. The scent is a bit too parfumy for me, but still ok. If you only buy the refill the price is a 10 (like 12$) and its a big soap - Nice:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This soap is all eeryone has said it is. I love the old world feeling, and the bowl is a perfect fit in my hand. everyone who likes should try this. I found it at Fragrencenet.com for the best price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Just like Joel said, the packaging heightens the experience. Apple have made an art out of this sort of thing. Even the glass bowl it comes in screams quality and tradition. Love the scent, reminds me of something as a child, can't quite put a finger on it. Great all-round soap, lather is remarkably good and moisturizing for a soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Excellent soap... wonderful warm smell.

It is pricey compared to other soaps but it is worth having in your collection!
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
A great traditional scent that layers nicely with the other products in the Tabac range, as well as others.

This is a high quality soap that lathers incredibly well - one of the easiest lathering soaps I've used.

The ceramic bowl is very solid and can easily be reused/refilled.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Everything about this soap is just great. I was really surprised by the fantastic lather it produces. Has given me great shaves time and time again.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)