What's new

Tabac Hair Cream

Pros: Smell
Cons: None
Excellent product! This really is like Brylcreem with slightly more hold and less shine (which is a good thing imo). If you like the Tabac scent, and you use hair grooming products, this is a no brainer. I wish I bought this sooner. The price is not cheap, but it is still reasonable. I believe you can find this for around $10, which makes it over twice the price of Brylcreem and three times the price of Groom and Clean. However, the product is well worth the price, considering that you get that awesome Tabac smell.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
After reading your review I have decided to try this and just placed an order for it. I would probably be one of those that fall in the "too groomed category" i am looking for a bit more hold then what I get with groom and clean and a change in scent. Hope this fits the ticket
Like Brylcreem with the great tabac scent. The hold and scent last all day and I think this is the best scented product tabac has.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
OCTOBER 16, 2012.... Packing my Dopp Kit for a week BACK in Florida at a Beach house to celebrate Melissa's Birthday... The TABAC Hair Cream is coming along. I rarely miss a single days use of this wonderful hair cream.January 4th, 2012 UPDATE***** Just ordered 3 Tubes of Tabac Hair Cream tonight. I am almost finished with the second tube I had ever purchased and since I use it practically everyday, I felt the need go go Tres Hombres on it so as I shouldn't run out for well over a year!!!October 24th, 2011 Update***** After one year of owning this product, replacing it once and a few dalliances with DR Harris Eau De Portugal Hair Tonic w/ oil, this cream continues to be an outstanding performer. I worried about it clashing with different fragrances but it has not been a big problem in that regard. I consider this a near daily part of my grooming habit. When I first saw that Phil at BullGoose was retailing the Tabac Hair Cream as a new addition to his ever expanding lineup of Gentleman's products, I just knew I would eventually have to give it a try. I had been using with good effect the Jeris Hair Tonic from Sally's Beauty Supply and it had been working quite nicely for me going on 10 months or so. I really wanted to try some other Tonics actually as I liked the feeling of splashing a reasonable amount into my palm and massaging it into towel dried hair. The hold and manageability of the Jeris had been fairly suitable but in fact, I really wanted to try others to experiment with perhaps a scent and performance that would challenge the Green Juice of Jeris! I had just started to look for alternatives when Phil announced the arrival of the Tabac Hair Cream. I abandoned my search for Tonic style hairdressings long enough to give it a spin for a couple of weeks now.I really had to adjust my amount of product because at first I was massaging what I would refer to as a very plump pea sized amount and that actual amount produced amazing scent but perhaps almost a "too groomed" look for me. Sort of what I remember seeing when guys used a bit too much ( for my taste) Brylcreem or Groom and Clean type hair dressings. If you like that styling, this Tabac Hair Cream will do that exact "groomed" look for you and smell fantastic as well... ( not an EXACT match of the Tabac shaving soap by any means but I would say closer to the spicier scent of the Tabac Luxury bar soap I have used in the past). So, ...... I backed off the amount to about half again that plump pea and sacrificed the heady fragrance for the better hold and shine that I think works for me.The 3.4 oz 100 ml metal tube will provide many uses and is small enough for a dopp kit and travel. So the packaging in general is quite nice, simple, and useful for easy storage. I did not detect any real moisturizing quality to this but rather more of a hold and shine product...in fact it appears to thicken hair given the right amount.The price at $10.99 is reasonable because of the high quality of the product IMO. The cost per use would appear to be higher than other hair cream rivals but the very Gentlemanly scent is worth the premium. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)