4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: great skin care and protection while shaving
I really like this shaving cream. From a straight performance standpoint this is probably the best shaving soap/cream I've used to date and I've use quite a few. Consistently gives me great shaves with excellent protection and skincare. It lathers easily with a dense yogurt type of lather that never seems to dries out. great for straight razor shaving.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good protection & lubrication, scent is unbeatable.
Cons: virtually no lather.
I was very disappointed with this cream the first time I used it. While it smelt great, the lather was difficult to build even with effort. The shave itself however, was smooth. Lather is lubricating. The second time I used it, I tried it like a brushless cream. Worked much better. Ignore the lather, & work it into the face like you would a brushless cream.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I had a terrible time with this cream. Could not get it to lather to what I felt was acceptable, and the scent is WAY more potent the the EDT, overpowering is what I would describe it as. I also felt like it dried my face out. I just orderd the soap and I hope it goes much better than this did.
I was looking to try that cream for a while since im a big Tabac fan, i love the aftershave splash and the eau de cologne.
The shave cream don't have the same scent as the aftershave and neither as the eau de cologne.
I would say the scent of the cream is less complex than both the AS and the EDC.
Its not a bad scent but i think it doesn't give justice to the real Tabac scent.
For the lather, it lather up pretty well and it doesn't dry my skin.
On overall i recommend it to Tabac fans.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just tried the Tabac shaving cream from a batch of samples from TSD. It worked pretty well. My face did feel dry afterward, but that was probably just me, since my face feels dry no matter what product I use. The scent was OK (have not smelt the soap), nothing I found objectionable. I did find the color a little weird though. I have yet to try other creams, but I think given this product's limited availability, I would rather spring for some Proraso (Bigelow) or L'Occitane Cade instead.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Title says it all. A mediocre cream that costs too much but smells absolutely amazing.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I tried this shaving cream as a newbie, and I never felt like I could make a good lather with it. If you're just about to start wet shaving, I would try another cream first. I don't think a newcomer could be convinced to stick with wet shaving if you give them this cream.
I liked the scent but found Tabac to be very drying to my face. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin but I felt tightness on my face and I would break out with subsurface pimples the next day. I tried several different razors and blades combinations but it didn't make a difference.
I was a little underwhelmed too. It has the same Tabac scent as the soap, but the performance was a little lacking. It's tougher to get a good quality lather than the soap. The lather is a little on the thin side - not horrible but not great, either. I guess this would make a good traveling accessory for Tabac-aholics, who don't want to lug around a jar of the soap. I'm not a Tabac fanatic, but I'll stick with the soap for my infrequent "hits" of the rich Tabac scent.
Loves me some Tabac soap but I have had very little success with Tabac cream. I have had it for some time and occasionally pull it out, hoping for better performance but never satisfied. Perhaps I am a victim of great expectations but I find this cream mediocre. The lather is not very well structured. It is not especially slick. Nor does it have the love-it-or-hate-it Tabac scent. There are many creams that perform better than Tabac cream. I would not replace this cream.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Smells great, works great. Part of my "brand shaving" TABAC days: (i) hop into the shower w/ a TABAC soap bar; (ii) indulge in a TABAC cream shave; (iii) put on the TABAC EDC.

Anybody knows if they make a TABAC tooth paste?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The scent of the cream is very light and subsides quickly. If you are using an aftershave you won't notice the scent afterwards. I like the Tabac scent since i usually gravitate towards the older formulations. This cream is not bad and has good lubrication, some cooling effect and about the same amount of lather as the other value creams.
I finally ordered some TABAC, but not the tub of soap that is pretty much the golden standard, I opted for the cream. WOW! this is some great smellin' stuff! I love the scent so much I purchased the cologne! An all around great shavin' cream IMHO.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have to disagree with many by saying that this stuff just stinks. There was 70s cool and there was 70s bad and this is the latter. Smells like grandpa but not in a good way. I bought it because I love tobacco scents but to be honest I really don't smell tobacco at all in this cream...more like one of those old car air fresheners with a bit of baby powder mixed in. It didn't lather like some of the more expensive stuff but the shave itself was fairly smooth. Why anyone would want to walk around smelling like this stuff is beyond me....:eek:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I've had a tube of Tabac cream for well over a year, and return to it once in a while hoping to find the magic espoused by so many fellow wetshavers.

Alas, I find the scent rather pedestrian, evocative of a supermarket soap with just a hint of something that could be great but never delivers on its promise. It supplies an adequate lather yet again nothing special in its lubricating or its moisturizing properties.

I'll keep the Tabac cream in my occasional rotation, but I doubt I'll have to replace this tube if/when I ever get to the bottom.
I ordered 2 tubes from fragrance.net and wanted to try them several times before I posted. I have 2 disagree with statements above. The cream smells great and blends in perfrect with A/S and EDC. It is a great cream. I found it rich and would lather well. I used it the same way I use my proraso cream and the results were great. If you can not find the soap, I recommend the cream, it's very good. Not perfect but very,very good, if that makes sense, mind you I wont go out of my way to buy 30-50 dollar shave creams, as I am some what cheap and find it, a waist of money. I get very good lather from this cream. Little different then the soap bar, then again its the same with proraso, the soap dish and the tube are the same yet the lather is little different. Hope this makes sense.........Enjoy Tabac!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Alas the Tabac cream is but an ugly stepchild of the glorious shaving soap that shares its name. It works, but for creams there are so many very fine choices that are superior. Not recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I know that there are many on this forum that love this product and I feel a little uncomfortable being the first to post its review. Let me say that Tabac cream isn't all that bad but it just didn't have much of a 'Wow' factor for me. I probably don't have the best sense of smell, due to years of living in the south and fighting allergy/sinus issues, but Tabac smelled too 'soapy' to me. Now you're saying...'Well duh, it is a soap.' But this was a detergenty type of smell in my opinion. Like I said, not bad but nothing really spectacular.

I mixed my first batch using a bowl and just couldn't get a satisfactory lather. No matter how much I whipped it would just never create rich stiff peaks. Tried to lather directly on my face and had the same results. The foam seemed too loose and thin. I'm using Trumper cream as a comparison just so everyone will know what I'm used to.

In regards to protection, the Tabac actually performed quite well considering the problems I had with the lather. No dragging of the razor or irritation.

Overall it's not a terrible cream but after this tube is used I won't be buying another. There are just too many better creams out there to spend time and money on this one. As I said earlier, I didn't get any 'Wow' while using this product. I've gotten 'Wow's' before with Trumpers Rose and Nancy Boy so I'll stick with the more aromatic creams and leave this one alone. :bored:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)