What's new

Tabac Cream

Item Description

I know that there are many on this forum that love this product and I feel a little uncomfortable being the first to post its review. Let me say that Tabac cream isn't all that bad but it just didn't have much of a 'Wow' factor for me. I probably don't have the best sense of smell, due to years of living in the south and fighting allergy/sinus issues, but Tabac smelled too 'soapy' to me. Now you're saying...'Well duh, it is a soap.' But this was a detergenty type of smell in my opinion. Like I said, not bad but nothing really spectacular.

I mixed my first batch using a bowl and just couldn't get a satisfactory lather. No matter how much I whipped it would just never create rich stiff peaks. Tried to lather directly on my face and had the same results. The foam seemed too loose and thin. I'm using Trumper cream as a comparison just so everyone will know what I'm used to.

In regards to protection, the Tabac actually performed quite well considering the problems I had with the lather. No dragging of the razor or irritation.

Overall it's not a terrible cream but after this tube is used I won't be buying another. There are just too many better creams out there to spend time and money on this one. As I said earlier, I didn't get any 'Wow' while using this product. I've gotten 'Wow's' before with Trumpers Rose and Nancy Boy so I'll stick with the more aromatic creams and leave this one alone. :bored:

Latest reviews

Pros: Slicknesss
Cons: Falls short in moisturizing properties
Very good product
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: great skin care and protection while shaving
I really like this shaving cream. From a straight performance standpoint this is probably the best shaving soap/cream I've used to date and I've use quite a few. Consistently gives me great shaves with excellent protection and skincare. It lathers easily with a dense yogurt type of lather that never seems to dries out. great for straight razor shaving.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Good protection & lubrication, scent is unbeatable.
Cons: virtually no lather.
I was very disappointed with this cream the first time I used it. While it smelt great, the lather was difficult to build even with effort. The shave itself however, was smooth. Lather is lubricating. The second time I used it, I tried it like a brushless cream. Worked much better. Ignore the lather, & work it into the face like you would a brushless cream.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)