What's new

T.N.Dickinsons WITCH HAZEL

Item Description

This is a clear liquid in a 240ml bottle with flip top cap.
Ingredient is 100% distilled Witch Hazel and 14% Alcohol.

No other added S.D.Alcohols or other additives.
Very watery with a light smell that reminded me of Gin.

The intended use of this product is to apply it to your skin after washing or shaving. It's purpose is to Clean,Soothe and Tone the skin and tighten the pores. Can also be used as a splash.

I applied it using a cotton bud soaked with the product. It went on straight after shaving and did not cause any discomfort.

It will do nothing to stop razor nicks from bleeding but I could feel a tightening effect on my skin as it dried.

It's not intended to work as a moisturizer on it's own but rather to make moisturizers more effective.

I followed up with a moisturizer and my face felt smooth with firm skin.

I will be interested to see how prolonged use influences my skin.

Latest reviews

JoeH;1621781 said:
I like to try a lot of different shave stuff--creams, razors, blades, brushes, after shaves--the one constant is witch hazel. I always follow up with a cotton pad of Dickinson's Witch Hazel.

There are actually two Dickinson witch hazels: T.N. Dickinson's and Dickinson's. They're in the same company now, but that wasn't always the case. Guess when your name is Dickinson, you make witch hazel.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I find the two very similar. They have an herbal scent that's mild and pleasant. The alcohol content is minimal, but it's enough to get the job done. The toning effect is noticeable: it's not enough to stop a big nick bleeding, but it calms down your weepers and small nicks. As I said, it's a mild scent that goes away quickly, so I usually follow up with an aftershave or cologne for my scent.

There is a difference in the two products, here is a link with an artical explaining the difference.

http://www.conntact.com/archive_index/archive_pages/3210_Business_New_Haven.html
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I've just started using this, but I can already tell a difference. For my daily face cleansing, this stuff is fantastic for tightening up my skin and leave it feeling smooth. I can literally feel it working within 20-30 seconds after applying it. At night, I think it works well just to use it by itself, but if using it in the morning, you will definitely want to apply some other sort of moisturizer (Cetaphil works great!).

It has a similar effect when applied right after shaving - and you definitely want to use some sort of moisturizing ASB right after you apply it.

Great value for the money, and it does sort of smell like bacon :001_tt1:.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Us poor Aussies pay top $ for everything shaving; razors, Thayers, creams etc. But this stuff is available locally and at around $6, is about the best value for money bit of shave kit going.

I note others' experience, but I don't find this drying or tightening, and while it doesn't moisturise, it leaves the skin smooth, ready for balm or moisturiser.

I only get the odd weeper if I've run with the same blade too long, and for me, this stuff just magics them away.

Everyone mentions the smell; it's awful - stale tea and cheap vodka - but as it completely disappears after a few seconds, it's not a problem.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)