What's new

T&H Sandalwood

This product gives me a great shave. The word "luxury" keeps coming to mind. I think I prefer the much stronger scent of C&E Sandalwood, but this scent is very pleasant, as described by others above. Remind me again: why did I ever use canned goo?
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Smells good, was pretty darn slick I was all over the place when shaving with this but came out with no nicks. great packaging. The price was a little steep but not really bad.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I used my recently acquired tub of T&H Sandalwood for the first time today and enjoyed it.

The scent is very unique. To me it is reminiscent of burnt wood.

The shave was quite good. Lots of nice lather, although it did not feel very moisturising once the shave was over. As always, T&H packaging is great.

I prefer Trumper's Sandalwood to this one, but am still happy to have it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
A very nice Sandalwood indeed.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Well, here is another gem that is being discontinued in the US. My understanding is that it will still be available overseas, though. In any case, if you are a fan of the T&H style, which produces a slightly lighter lather than Taylor or Trumper, you will like this one as well. It has a quite interesting scent as well, described below.

Price: Not cheap, but not as expensive as some other creams out there.

Quality: T&H quality is generally very good. This cream also clearly uses some good sandalwood EO (though it is not a single-note by any means). As you can see, the color is a sort of orangeish, burnt-umber sort of thing:
IMG_2350_1_1.JPG

Scent: A very interesting take on sandalwood. The base is clearly sandalwood EO, with its uniquely dry, spicy, and balsamic notes. It is topped with something a bit sweeter, almost reminiscent of the "baked cookie" notes of the Vulfix cream. The combination is quite nice, and the amount of scent is just right - not overpowering at all. If someone wanted to try a sandalwood product for the first time, and wasn't sure if they would like the straight-up scent (which can be a love-it or hate-it thing), this would be a great cream to try.

Latherability: This stuff just explodes into plumes of gorgeous lather. As I said, it is a bit less unctuous than Taylor, but it does not impede the shave in any way. I used it this morning with a Savile Row SR3124 silvertip:

A snurdle of cream ready to roll:
IMG_2352_2_1.JPG

After not many swirls in the old lathering vessel, plenty of gorgeous lather:
IMG_2353_3_1.JPG

IMG_2354_4_1.JPG

Efficacy: This stuff shaves fine, like all the other T&H tubs. Good stuff.

Moisturizing properties: Middle of the road, like most of the other three-T's.

Packaging: I like the black T&H tubs quite a bit, and the cardboard box is done nicely as well.

This review is being discussed here.
Top Bottom