What's new

T&H Rose

Pros: The lick lather, very easy tio lather.
Cons: Price
The scent is subtle, but noticeable. It is a perfect level, not overpowering. It is very easy to lather, with boar, horse, or badger hair brushes (even synthetic).
You do not need much product to make a good amount of lather.

The lather is very slick, and has always provided a lot of cushioning when shaving.

My face always feels refreshed after using this cream.

It is a little pricy, but is worth it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: Could be less, that's for sure.
Scent: Very feminine but a secret that I like to have.
Latherability: For some reason, I had a tough time getting a thick lather with this one.
Efficacy: I had to use more than normal on this one.
Moisturizing: Didn't find that it was on the same level as the others in the 3T range.
Packaging: Lets just say, I don't keep this one laying around haha
Quality:
Top notch cream. A bit more dense than the typical T&H cream. Seems to need a bit more water and a bit less cream to lather.

Scent:
Like you've fallen in a rose bush and you can't get up.

Latherability:
As previously said, needs a bit more work since the cream is more dense. This is not to be interpreted as a negative point.

Efficacy:
Probably, if not, the best in the T&H line-up. Kicks a** when compared to TOBS Rose. This is not to say the other is not good, it's just that T&H is so much better.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
After I tried TOBS rose, I became a bit obsessed with trying all things rose.

The price on this was a bit much for me, but I got it on sale so I thought "why not?"

The packaging is very handsome, but makes me wonder how much of that is pushed forward onto the consumer.

The scent is OK. To me it smells a bit more synthetic than the TOBS Rose. It is lighter, though, and I don't mind the scent at all. It just wouldn't lead to rose-obsession like the TOBS did.

It's pretty easy to get a good lather, but the cream seems to dry out REALLY fast on my skin. I've used other T&H products and they were pretty good in the retaining-moisture-department, but this one, in my experience, isn't.

It was an ok experience while it lasted, but as I near the end of my tub, I can't see buying this again when there are better rose creams available.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I have been using T&H Rose every day for about two weeks. I bought a number of creams about a year ago. After shaving with both soaps and creams for over two years, I decided that I prefer soaps and I am using up my creams, including T&H Rose. I agree that it is stiffer than other creams and, therefore, harder to get the lather going in my bowl. Once I get it going, the lather is reasonably thick and rich, but not as thick or rich as T&H, Penhaligon's, or Tabac shaving soap. It is also quite moisturizing. I like this cream, it's just that I like soaps better.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
After hearing so much about this cream (recommended by an Art of Shaving cashier out of all people) i decided to purchase it. I was lucky that T&H started selling it again, so i quickly bought the tube.

The price is a little steep, but T&H products are usually are high.

The quality is top notch.

Scent is definitely different than TOBS. I still prefer TOBS to T&H. Its not as sweet as TOBS. Its has more of a fresh scent than sweet. But it has more of a synthetic smell, smells very similar to cyril r salter wild rose.

Latherability was great. Very simple to whip up a good amount of slick moisturizing lather.

Over all this is a great cream, highly recommended to try at least once.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is an excellent rose scented cream, the scent is clean, fresh, just the fainted hint of roses, more like sitting in a garden with rose bushes than sticking your nose into a bunch of roses.

The cream is thick and rich, more than my T&H 1805, and significantly more than the Taylor's creams. With that said, the price is superb as you need very little to get a great lather going.

Because it's so concentrated, you must add more water to get a good lather. It takes a bit longer therefore, but it's worth it. The razor just glides over your skin because of the excellent moisturizing properties of this cream.

It's not easy to find, as it was about to be discontinued until the company responded to the outcry and re-introduced it. Can't say if the formula is the same.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: Not cheap, but it's dense enough to make it a good value. A little goes a long way.

Quality: Yep.

Scent: Simply less interesting than other Rose scents. Admittedly, I'm not about to start a webpage extoling the virtues of Roses, but I find this to be a single-note, mildly-scented cream that smells pleasant enough in the container but doesn't come close to filling the bathroom when lathered.

Latherability: Not the easiest cream to lather. The water-cream ratio appears less forgiving than other T&H offerings.

Efficacy: T&H average. It works as long as you get the ratio right, but it isn't the slickest product out there

Moisturizing Properties: Disappointing. I wanted to get a feel for this cream, but after several days in a row my face was noticibly dryer and I had to stop. I could use it in my rotation, but I'd want to mix it up with other, more gentle creams. Taking it on a trip would be out of the question.

Packaging: Classy and refined.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
This was my first cream. I have to say that it is a shame it is being discontinued. I shave with this cream twice as often than with all my other creams. Great lather and moisturizing properties. The scent is fantastic. A high quality product from T&H. It is a bit thicker than other creams but it lathers very well.

Rafael
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
It's still one of my favorite Rose shave creams.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a cream that doesn't get much press among its three-T brethren. It is a good shaver; not the best, but nowhere near the worst. If you like a solid cream with not too heavy a scent, this one is for you.

Price: Not cheap, but not as expensive as some other creams out there.

Quality: T&H doesnt seem to have the quality control isues that Taylor has, though this tub is of quite a different consistency than my other T&H tubs (much firmer)

Scent: This is a straight forward rose scent, similar to sticking your nose in the flower. It is milder than the Trumper and Taylor scents, and doesn't have the woody base that the Taylors does. It is soft and sweet. Also notice that the color is much fainter than the Taylor:
IMG_2270_4_1.JPG

Latherability: I can only speak for my particular tub, but this stuff is a pain to lather. It is very firm, and takes a bit of elbow grease to get it going. Once there, it is the typical T&H lather, which is to say a bit lighter in body than Taylors:

IMG_2269_3_1.JPG

IMG_2268_2_1.JPG

Efficacy: This stuff shaves fine, like all the other T&H tubs. Good stuff.

Moisturizing properties: Middle of the road, like most of the other three-T's.

Packaging: I like the black T&H tubs quite a bit, and the cardboard box is done nicely as well.

This review can be discussed here.
Top Bottom