What's new

T&H Hard Soap...

Item Description

Please excuse some of the different styles/lightings in the pics. I JUST got this new digicam, and have been messing with the size/settings.
:biggrin:

Soaking the brush....
IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Top of wood bowl - close up....
IMG_0023.jpg

Soap...
IMG_0025.jpg

Lathertime...
IMG_0026.jpg

3 quick swirls....
IMG_0027.jpg

5 more quick swirls...
IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Up close and personal...
IMG_0029.jpg

5 more quick swirls...
IMG_0032.jpg

Side view...
IMG_0033.jpg

No flash - digimacro mode...
IMG_0037.jpg

Two links to MONSTER close up no flash pics... you can practically count the hairs...
Link 1
Link 2

Latest reviews

I love Truefitt & Hill's shaving creams so I thought I would try their shaving soap. I am not much of a soap guy but since T&H offers one I had nothing but high hopes for it.
I had trouble lathering it at first and today I gave it one last try before it ended up on the BST. I swirled the brush for about 20-30 seconds on the puck and got great results. This is the key it seems for this soap, warm to semi hot water on the puck and a lot of swirls from the brush on to the puck.
The scent is similar to their lavender scent but much lighter and has more of that soapy smell like a hotel hand soap. The lather is pretty slick but not as slick as a glycerin based soap.
It gives a great shave and does not dry out the skin. I am glad I gave this one last try and I am going to keep it in my rotation.
I picked up the T&H soap refill for $16 Cdn and it's a perfect fit in the same wooden bowl CE uses for their soaps (saved a bundle).

The Truefitt and Hill Shaving soap is a pleasure to use and I get the same results as I would from MWF. Working up a lather is dead simple and it is both slick and moisturizing for my face. I love the scent which from what people say has a hint of lavender, honestly it just smells fresh to me. A definite keeper in my rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I find this a middling soap. It's good, but not as good as others I've tried. These include DR Harris, Tabac, Cade and Trumper's Rose.

T&H is the only soap I have struggled to load up and lather. So I ended up milling it and this softened it up really well for brush loading. After never getting enough soap for a 2nd pass, now it lathers with the best. It probably won't last as long having milled it, but I reckon that's better than being unusable.

The scent is a nice, subtle lavender which is crisp and clean smelling.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)