What's new

Swan Arctic Blue

I agree with the reviewer its no AV, however to me I prefer it!

Better scent, easy on the skin and has a place in my rotation.

If you didn't like the AV ICE BLUE try the Swan, its almost the opposite of what AV is :lol:

Gotta love Vi-Jon
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I went to Dollar General a few days ago in search of Ivy Club Spice. Of course, this store didn't have it.

I came across this thread beforehand http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1551900#post1551900 and recognized the Swan Arctic Blue, so decided to check it out.

Price - $2.25 for 5oz. You really can't argue with that.

Quality - All around, I'd have to say that's definitely acceptable. It's nothing top-shelf, but it's not supposed to be.

Fights razor burn - I don't get razor burn anymore.

Cooling sensation - Nearly non-existent; Aqua Velva it's not. Menthol's place on the ingredients list is the same as on AV but it's barely noticeable. Cools very slightly for a few seconds and then nothing.

Scent - Smells a lot like AV out of the bottle, but it changes a lot when it's on the skin. I'd say it's a lot more "youthful" than AV in a lot of ways, more like a cross between AV Ice Blue and AV Ice Sport. I detect a good bit of spice in Ice Blue but it's totally absent here.

Efficacy - Acceptable; not bad at all for the price.

Moisturizing - I have to say I think it's a little more moisturizing than AV. I don't use an alcohol-based aftershave for moisture, though, so it doesn't really matter to me.

No alcohol burn - I experienced almost none at all, so it's good in that department.

All said, it's certainly no Ice Blue, so if you're looking for a replacement, just spend a couple more bucks for the real thing. Despite that, it's still pretty good stuff for the price. The scent may appeal to the younger generation who think AV is too mature for them. As far as cooling is concerned, menthol crystals are cheap as chips and could make this product a winner.

Discussion thread is here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1551900#post1551900

Thanks to whomever used sodapopjones' pic for the icon :cool:

I was looking around the web and couldn't find a generic stock pic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)