What's new

Susie's Bubbles N Squeak

Item Description

I have been shaving with a combo of cream/soap for awhile and haven't tried just using a soap alone lately. The other day, I had a two day growth and didn't need a shower, so I wetted down and hot toweled the beard and selected Susie's Tea Tree soap, which I've been meaning to try.

Got the Moss warmed up along with my huge soup bowl mug. Put the puck in the mug along with a little hot water, grabbed the Shavemac 32mm and went to town whipping up some lather. After about 20 turns, my brush was loaded, and I mean loaded with lather.

Spread it around and began working it into the jungle, added a little hot water to the moss and started whipping it up on my face, adding hot water as I went.

I had requested shea butter be added to this olive oil based soap and I was just amazed by the results. I had to squeeze the brush out twice into the Moss and still had a loaded brush to work with. This soap produces the same type of rich thick lather I'm use to getting adding a little cream to the mix.

Using a Slant with a Feather I completed 3 passes and some touch up and had lots of lather to spare, which stayed slick, rich and creamy throughout the entire shave.

The alum bar and a little Feather Herbal ASB and my face was smooth as could be and required no other conditioner.
This was an outstanding soap to use and has made me want to go back through all the soaps I've been using with creams and try them all solo, just to see which ones I really want to stick with.

The aroma of the Tea Tree is very subtle, the price is right and Susie's a very nice person to deal with on top of it!
Check her stuff out at: http://stores.ebay.com/Susies-Bubbles-N-Squeak

Discussion review thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20235

Latest reviews

Purchased a few of these and have been meaning to review them. First of all, the customer service and communication was top-notch, and the shipping was nice and speedy.

I tried three soaps: one I knew I'd like (lemongrass), and two I was open to experimenting with (bay rum and melon). All three have excellent, authentic scents that last throughout the shave and just long enough afterwards for me to catch an occasional whiff.

I got all three soaps with shea butter added, and I have to say the resulting shave and moisturizing properties are as good or better than with any other soap I've used. Lathering does seem to take slightly more work than with some soaps, but the lather is plentiful, rich, and lasting.

Overall: fantastic product at a low price. I look forward to ordering more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I bought some of this soap last month and I loved it! Communication was great and she delivers super fast! I got the soaps with olive oil and they really leave my skin feeling fresh and moist. They came right on time because there was a cold spell in the weather and I usually get dry skin, but not this time. Try the lavender scent. The price is great. The soap cakes are traditional in size so they fit my vintage scuttles just right. I'll definately buy again.
Ernest
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I was one of the first B&B'ers to buy Suzies shave soap offerings. Prior to her signing up here at B&B, as an eBayer, her communication and service were absolutely first rate. Shipping has been prompt, and the products well wrapped and packed.

Her soaps are a glycerine base and she offers additional variants that include either Olive Oil and/or Goats Milk. I've used both and have been very satisfied. Following the initial order of a Tea Tree fragranced soap, I was satisfied to the point that I reordered additional soaps in Rose, and Unscented. The price is very modest and shipping was at cost without a gouge. I regard the quality of her soaps to be exceptional, and they are pleasantly well scented.

I marked down the rating on lather, and possibly this is unfair. The soaps do produce a thick, rich, frosting-like lather, but producing the lather takes more work than most soaps. You need to spend a little extra time and effort to make a thick hydrated lather, but the result is worth the effort. I mention this only because a few swirls of a brush on the soap isn't going to get you the lather you want. Hang in there, really load up the brush on the soap. I recommend lathering directly on the face rather than using a bowl. Save the bowl for your creams.

The resulting lather is very slick and is very moisturizing. Goats Milk/Olive Oil is unique to LtlSuz among our cottage industry soapers here at B&B. I believe that the GM/OO may be what initially retards the lather development, but these add a slickness and lubrication that is unmatched. The soap is very moisturizing, and I believe that the GM/OO is responsible for this.

It is a wonderful product, available at modest cost, provides a comfortable shave, and stands with the best of the soaps available to us from our soapers. Recommended.

-- John Gehman
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing