What's new

Surrey Deluxe shaving soap

neither the amber or white versions of this are as good as the pink version (deluxe). i like all three far better than williams, etc. but get the deluxe.
This is a good soap. It is a glycerine soap so is sort of a like a "hard" cream, almost. My puck has started dissolving faster, though, so I think longevity will not be as great as a triple milled soap, or a harder soap like Williams. However, it provides a very good shaving experienc. It has little scent, which to me is neutral, not bad, not good- it just smells like fats and oils to my nose, with maybe a hint of a "soap" fragrance. Lubrication is very good and it does a good job of keeping your skin reasonably soft even with multiple passes. It isn't as easy to lather as some other soaps but it mostly depends on your technique- a boar brush is not the brush to use with this soap, I use a synthetic and it is fine.

Overal this is a great, inexpensive soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I guess I got a bad bar. This was the worst soap I've ever used. Please don't tell me Col Conk is similar. I have high hopes for the Amber. This, is not worth the effort to use.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
OK shave for me.

Don't really care for the scent, but I must say I can produce mounds and mounds of lather with it. (nice lather too)

Would say this is a great intro to soap because its affordable, and readily available. And at its price if you don't care for it you aren't out a lot of money.

Try it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
It's the first soap I have used I like it. I have the glycern that I'm going too try next. after I finish with th deluxe cake then I'll try the Col conk amber that my wife got me.I see if I can find any differnts It 's fun out new things.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I’ve had this sitting in my bathroom for three months and finally shaved with it the last 3 days. I find it great. No nicks and no irritation after 4 passes. I think it lathers great and provides lots of glide for the razor. It's hard to beat the price. As far as it being moisturizing... I shave, I rinse, I apply witch hazel, I apply after shave balm, and in winter I apply a moisturizer, at what point does your face get dry. It’s not the shaving creams job to moisturize your face, if it were that last step would be to re-apply shaving cream. :confused:

Great stuff try it!
:thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
For drugstore shaving soap, this stuff isn't bad. At least as good as Williams, and far better than either Colgate or Burma Shave. I haven't had any luck finding this at anyplace other than a Walgreens.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
It's top notch beside cogate and williams mug soap. I like it. I also purchase this one when I have to buy when I'm in the sticks. I prefer the deluxe, the select (white cake) is basially the same as williams or colgate.
BTW:
What is efficacy?
If I'm ever on the lam in some backwoods, God forsaken place, where I have to sneak into the local drug store in the middle of the night to obtain my supplies, this is the one I'll reach for. Much better than the Colgate or Williams, as it at least provides a modicum of moisturizing.
The puck goes really fast, but who cares?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Well, I like this one. I think it's produced by the same outfit that makes Col Conk. The Surrey comes in 3 varieties, one of them unscented and hypoalergenic. It's readily available, inexpensive, and gets the job done.

It melts easily in a microwave, and can be poured into a mug. Sometimes I pour it over a cake of Williams, as they seem to complement each other and it seats the Williams in the mug.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I was in Chicago and went to a Walgreen store to look for Palmolive shaving cream - the store didnot have any shaving cream - but had this. So, I bought it for $4. The scent is peach flavoured and orange-colored.

The soap comes in a cheap plastic case. The soap diameter is so narrow that you cannot use a large badger brush. It's no better than Williams or Burma-Shave. Hard to produce lather, if any and the lather is so dry and no slipperyness that I quit half-way my shave - washed off my face and sweared never to use it again. It's no better than a regular hand-soap and actually I have been using this as a hand-soap.:mad3:
- Z
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
A month ago, I had Surrey Deluxe shaving soap, which I would have sworn was Col. Conk from the packaging. It's what I'd call a decent, but not a great soap. The lather is fairly rich, the shave is ok, but I find it quite drying to my sensitive skin. With respect to the company which produces it, and to other members of this group who enjoy it, I think I'll just say it's not really for me.

Jeff
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing