What's new

Superior Brush w/25mm Super Badger Knot

Item Description

Discussion for this thread can be found here.

I picked up my first Superior Brush a few months ago on ebay, a 20mm knot Best Badger, with a PJ-esque type handle. It is such a great brush, I felt the urge to upgrade. So before you now…the Superior Brush 25mm Super, with the black Jazz Handle, also a PJ-esque design.

The acrylic based handle is a beauty. Slightly glossy, but not slick. There’s enough material here that you have plenty of swirl action. I’m beginning to like these long handled brushes. Knowing that the handle is made of a “counter top” material would make you think it would be heavy, but that’s not the case. It carries a bit of weight, but it’s not cumbersome.

The 25mm knot of Badger hair is soft on the face, but it’s not floppy or moppy. This brush stands up for itself. It sucks up water and holds heat fairly well. Whipping up a bowl of lather is no issue for this brush. The brush loads easily and delivers the lather evenly and smoothly. The bloom is nice, but not too wide. The appearance is more like a Shavemac than a Rooney or Simpson.

I really enjoy using this brush. It’s not as dense as my Shavemacs, a bit more dense than my Vulfix or Rooney, and just a great brush all the way around. And for $85 bucks, it’s a bargain. Find out more from Matt at www.superiorbrushes.com.

See pics below!

Randy

displayimage.php

Just arrived!

displayimage.php

First Bloom!

displayimage.php

After three passes...and still loaded!

Latest reviews

Discussion for this thread can be found here.

I picked up my first Superior Brush a few months ago on ebay, a 20mm knot Best Badger, with a PJ-esque type handle. It is such a great brush, I felt the urge to upgrade. So before you now…the Superior Brush 25mm Super, with the black Jazz Handle, also a PJ-esque design.

The acrylic based handle is a beauty. Slightly glossy, but not slick. There’s enough material here that you have plenty of swirl action. I’m beginning to like these long handled brushes. Knowing that the handle is made of a “counter top” material would make you think it would be heavy, but that’s not the case. It carries a bit of weight, but it’s not cumbersome.

The 25mm knot of Badger hair is soft on the face, but it’s not floppy or moppy. This brush stands up for itself. It sucks up water and holds heat fairly well. Whipping up a bowl of lather is no issue for this brush. The brush loads easily and delivers the lather evenly and smoothly. The bloom is nice, but not too wide. The appearance is more like a Shavemac than a Rooney or Simpson.

I really enjoy using this brush. It’s not as dense as my Shavemacs, a bit more dense than my Vulfix or Rooney, and just a great brush all the way around. And for $85 bucks, it’s a bargain. Find out more from Matt at www.superiorbrushes.com.

See pics below!

Randy

displayimage.php

Just arrived!

displayimage.php

First Bloom!

displayimage.php

After three passes...and still loaded!

Item information

Added by
rtaylor61
Views