What's new

Super-Max

Vidyut Super-Max Super Stainless. I am able to get 1 1/2 shaves from these. All of the problems have been listed in other posts so I will not be redundant with my comments. I have 14 of these left and in 14 days they will be gone for good.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Hi all
Got a job lot of these and wish i never. it was bad ,tugging and pulling ,the blade last 15 seconds in the razor, tried another ,same again . the packet looks good ,maybe someone will find them ok ,not for me .:w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I use these blades with my usual routine bath/shower, trumpers limes skin food, palmolive or proraso cream, EJ badger brush, flare tip rocket, cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, proraso cream, Turkish high alcohol splash.

I get a smooth comfortable shave from 3 passes WTG,XTG and ATG + touch up on the tricky places.

These blades have been slated on here but I do not think they are as bad as they are made out to be and looking at comments made on them around the net there is a growing number of shavers who like them.

I like them and rate them as good as my IP red pack personna blades so for me that puts them in the go to blade camp.

As for the ratings put up top marks for price I like a bargin,

Quality no glue spots, no rust,

Sharpness I got BBS with them what more can you want?

Longevity well this will change from person to person I get my 3 shaves out of it so it passes for me I do not go further than that with any blade I use.

Smoothness of shave no tugs or irritation. I class nicks and cuts as user error.

Packaging well they come in a cardboard box each blade is double wrapped so top marks for less plastic going into earth other blade makers take note less is more. and for those of you worried about the safety of that get on the bay and bag an antique blade holder reusable, safe and better for the enviroment.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Tony_B;2276442 said:
The picture is a Super Max super stainless available in the UK for £6 for 200 with free shipping and a very good blade it is to.

T

Yes, I have them too.
The picture is a Super Max super stainless available in the UK for £6 for 200 with free shipping and a very good blade it is to.

T
Speedwell68, the super stainless blades you reviewed are generally better judged than the stainless version what this review is about. The SS have their own review. Packaging comes in 2 varieties; the green/yellow and one identical to the 'stainless' version but with 'super stainless' printed on them.
I bought a 10 pack of these from Ebay and I am reasonably impressed, I can't say that they have resulted in a single bad shave.

Price: These cannot be faulted on price. They are currently available for around £5 delivered for 100 on Ebay UK.

Quality: They appear to be of a good quality. They seem to be well made and I have had no issues with corrosion or tarnishing. I have been reliably informed that Vidyut are the only blade manufacturer that makes their own steel.

Sharpness: Supermax SS seem to be as sharp as any other mid-range, bulk purchased blade. They are not as sharp as a Feather or a Gillette Bleue, but are equally as sharp as a store brand Personna, Derby Extra or Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Longevity: TBH I don't use any blade for more than three shaves of three passes each. But these are as good on the third shave as they are on the first. At the price these cost to replace they would still be good value if they only lasted for a single shave.

Smoothness of Shave: Again these are perfectly acceptable. They are certainly not the smoothest shaving blade I have come across, but as before they are the equal of Derby Extra, store Personnas or the WS Classics.

Packaging: Mine came in a small cardboard dispenser box and not the usual hard plastic dispenser that you get with most brands. I really like the idea of a cardboard dispenser, as it is more easily recyclable than a plastic dispenser and it's manufacturing process must have a lower carbon footprint than plastic dispenser. The blades themselves are wrapped in the normal wax paper that almost all other brands come in. Inside the wax paper there is a second plastic wrapping.

Personally I would not hesitate in recommending Vidyut Supermax SS to anyone that enjoys using a milder blade, but of course YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
This blade barely lasts two shaves, tore up my face, and caused the worst irritation (I thought I was shaving with electric). Avoid this blade at all costs.

:thumbdown
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
My experience was better than others. Fine, comfortable shave, for about 3 shaves. Equal to other mid-line blades.

Did not experience quality problems others have noted.
These blades could only be worse if the company dipped them in MRSA.

I got mine through a sample pack. The first shave was terrible with lots of pull and irritation. Still slow to learn, I started a second shave and two strokes in I changed blades to a Derby and threw them out.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Never used these blades myself, but anyone who knows anything about knives and that sort of thing will tell you not to buy anything which is supposed to be sharp from India or Pakistan, because for some reason those two countries cannot make a decent blade on anything.

GB
I got some of these in a sampler pack and liked the first blade I used, but it was down hill from there with two other blades; irritation city. I threw the rest out.
D
Worked for the company and sold the line into retailers around the world for several years. A Gillette wanna be and the products are so so. They say one in five around the world use the brand, 95% are in India, the company HQ. Every major US retailer stopped carrying the line due to quality issues and rusting.

Good Luck
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I really didn't dig the Super-Max blades either.

They only have 2 things going for them, in my mind. They are relatively inexpensive and the packaging is OK (an industry standard, it would appear). Super-Max blades gave me the worse DE shave that I've had since I started using a DE (much worse than the first few shaves when I didn't know what I was doing - and my technique, while not flawless, was fairly good by the time that I encountered the Super-Max blades).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Thanks to Michael (NMMB) for the Super-Max blades but without wishing to seem ungrateful I don't think I'll be using another. I have got to the stage that I can pick up almost any DE razor and get good results, I doubt this is the case with a Super-Max blade. The initial (with the grain) shave was great, no pulling or irritation at all, the next pass went ok (diagonally across the grain) a couple of weepers but noting too bad. At this point the blade appeared to be blunt, something like a Wilkinson after seven shaves. I went across the grain at 90 degrees from the last pass and I seemed to start pulling my face apart, weeper after weeper particularly in the areas under the corners of my mouth. I didn't bother with a T&C pass, my face was feeling pretty sore.

The alum block demonstrated how much damage I did, it stung like crazy initially, I applied some Skin Fod and even 10-15 minutes later my face hadn't recovered, It felt like pins being pushed into my face. I put the Nivea on next to stop this uncomfortable feeling, it sort of worked.

Blades selection is very subjective. What's good for me might be awful for someone else and I hope these blades suit someone, not me though!

They're cheap at about £7 for 100 on ebay, the packaging is the standard whit DE blade box (Same as Derby use with the hidden blade vault).
Top Bottom