What's new

Super-Max Platinum

Item Description

I finally got around to trying one of these from a large sampler pack I bought recently from a popular British supplier. I got such a good shave from it in my trusty Merkur HD, I promptly ordered 100.

Made in India, these platinum coated blades are as sharp and as smooth as brands costing significantly more. Longevity is so-so (I got three good shaves, and could possibly have managed more - no need to push your luck at that price).

My new cheap blade of choice.

For comparison purposes, my usual go-to-blade is the late, lamented Gillette Platinum (aka "Swede"). I also enjoy the Greek Bic blades and most Treets.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great Value
Cons: Not for Everyone
My choice of this blade is somewhat philosophical. You can literally spend years checking out every blade on the market. Alternatively, you might just find a product which is a great value and does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

I'm not into the so-called BBS. It's my FACE, not some baby's butt. I like a good close clean comfortable shave. I'm not into trying to get my face to where I can feel absolutely zero stubble against the grain.

This blade did NOT seem to do particularly well against the grain. If the BBS is your thing, this blade might not be for you.

If you want a blade which will give you a good close comfortable shave without nicks or irritation, at a price which absolutely cannot be beat, try this product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, honest blade
Cons: Wears out easily
Good cheap baldes I got in a sampler. Tried them both on my Merkur Futur and on my 38CC with the same result: they shave well for a couple of days, then they become harsh and difficult to handle.

Not worth the lower price (I cannot really compare since they came in a sampler)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: It doesn't irritate my face
Cons: It's not a good shave
Draggy, dull and no good ATG for me at all.

Two shaves are all I could stand from this blade.

Definitely better out there.

As usual YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Seamaster
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
1.38 star(s) 16 ratings

More in Razor Blades (Reviews)

More from Seamaster

• TRIG by Treet
    I'm always surprised I don't see these excellent blades discussed more...
Top Bottom