What's new

Super-max Platinum Blade

Pros: Price for sure!
Cons: Longevity
"For the price" is the key phrase here. I bought these blades after using 100 of the Stainless version(which were just ok) and find them to be a good, well made blade with the only exception being longevity. I cannot for the life of me get more than two shaves out of these blades. They're sharp enough and smooth enough, but they just do not last! That being said at this price who cares if they only last one shave each-that's still only 8 cents! Still, I pay only 12 cents apiece for Personna blue label and get a week(that's 6 shaves) per blade out of them so I guess they are a better deal. Anyway, these are alright "for the price".
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: I like how they are wrapped.
Cons: They fell like they pull rather than cut
I received these blades in a sample pack and they were my second choice of about 15 other samples.

I tried these blades and the first shave was not that bad. I thought it was my shaving method that needed work (it does but not that much) I tried another shave and HOLY HELL, It felt like 100 grit sand paper was dragged over my face when I cleaned up and used my alum block.

I think I'll be passing on the remainder of these blades.

I really wanted to like these but aside from liking the way they are wrapped I just cant get behind them.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
In my Rotbart 2000 with Godrej Shaving Round it gave me a comfortable smooth shave, almost everything done in one pass. However, a lot of stinging afterwards... So I like the Super Stainless, and Improved Stainless (still do not know if they are the same :001_smile) better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Great all-around blade. About as sharp as astra SP (the only sharper blade I've used was a feather), maybe just slightly less so. Much smoother than Astras, Dorcos, Feathers, IPs, 7 o'clocks greens or yellows. Lasted for four quality shaves, however I probably could have stretched it out for another shave or two. I loved them so much I bought a pack of 20 sleeves, 200 blades total, for $7. For the price, I'm willing to throw them away after three shaves. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Found these in a dollar store in Toronto, Canada. Twenty packs on a display card - a 5 pack costs $1.00. (I bought 'em all!) First three shaves were great, and for that price, one can afford to change blades and move on to the next. For me, these were just as good if not better than the blades (Russian-made Gillettes, German-made Wilkinson Swords) that are generally available in mainstream Canadian retailers (Wal-mart, Shopper's Drug Mart, Zellers). and which sell for 5 to 8 times the price of the Super-Max's
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I kinda like 'em

price: not sure, got it for free
longevity: consistent with other blades
for me, very forgiving, nice and smooth from the first shave. For me, in my 57 superspeed, a very good blade that is not too harsh, yet plenty sharp.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
D
By far the worst blades I have used. No matter the razor used, they shave worse than if you took a good blade and rubbed the hell out of it with a cloth.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I've found these blades to be very smooth in my Gillette Ranger Tech. I would consider them to be about the same as Israeli Personnas (IPs) for sharpness and smoothness. They were also double the price of the IP Blades. The blades I purchased came individually wrapped in wax paper, paper, and in small boxes of 5 blades. I've shared a few of these blades with some co-workers who really enjoyed them (Moreso than me). They thought these blades worked far better than IPs for them. I would consider purchasing these again, but I don't believe they're at the top of the list.

==Tom
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave