What's new

Straight Razor Design 100% Pure Essential Oil Shaving Soap

Pros: scent is great
Cons: none
Bought the Opus X. Smells like REDMAN chewing tobacco! LOVE IT. Makes a nice lather and is very easy to make lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers quickly
Cons: none
I find this to make a good slick lather, however I uberlather with proraso cream and several drops of glycerin and this combo makes an incredible lather. I go for BBS everytime, and this delivers with ZERO irritation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Cost: I ordered the sandalwood soap from SRD when I found that the QED sandalwood was unavailable. Over $20 for a glycerin soap is a bit steep, but the sandlwood EO is driving the cost. That said, it is a pretty good sized tub of soap, and should last a while. Their other house brand scents are considerably less expensive, and I would assume they all perform equally as well.

Quality: No complaints here. Fine soap. Packaged in a nice tub.

Scent: I don't have a lot of experience with sandalwood scents, and the few I have tried each seemed to smell different to me. This soap has a light, and very pleasant scent, but it smells nothing like my Salter sandalwood cream, or my OBR bay rum and sandlawood soap. I got in on the QED special group buy on their sandalwood soap, and everyone raves about that one, so we'll see how they compare side by side when that arrives. Regardless of whether it smells of sandalwood or not, I really like the scent, and so does my wife, so it's all good.

Lather: Super. I used my Shavemac D01 special quasi group buy brush, and face lathered up a thick, and slick lather and I get great glide and protection from this soap. The lather takes very little time or effort to build up on my ugly mug. I get as good a shave with this soap as I do with my Tabac.

Efficacy: What to say here? The soap lathers easily, and provides great shaves, and smells good. Great protection from nicks, weepers and razor burn.

Moisturizing: I don't know if I would say it is neccesarily moisturizing, but it certainly does not dry my face out, which is fairly typical of glycerin soaps in general on my face.

Give it a try. It certainly fits in my regular rotation as one of my favorites along with Tabac, PdP and Ogalalla.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I got the Sandlewood, which SRD says is their pride and joy. There was no smell at all to it that I could detect.

The lather was... the best way I can describe it is, you know how lather gets after it's been sititng around for an hour -- dry and aerated. That's what this stuff looked like right after mixing.

My go-to strategy when dealing with problematic soaps is to whip up a superlather with T&H Ultimate cream. This has always worked, but did not help this time.

I don't think anything could help this soap. It cost only 7-8 bucks. It comes in a pretty plastic jar. That's about it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
I just received my Lime SRD 100% Pure Essential Oil Shaving Soap. I went straight to the bathroom to try it. Did my usual pre-shave prep of shower and washing face with Neutrogena Pre-Shave Face scrub. My set up is a Merkur HD 34C with a Feather blade and I use a pure badger brush from Lee's Safety Razors. All I can say is WOW!!! Easily whipped up a nice thick lather which I used for three passes and could definitely have used for a fourth pass if I so desired. The fragrance was incredible and the lubrication was beautiful. I got a BBS shave on my cheeks, upper lip and chin and a DFS shave on my neck with no irritation. This is a great soap which I highly recommend. Packaged in a very nice plastic tub and the quantity you get for the price paid makes it very economical.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)