What's new

Stellar Shave Cream

Pros: Smells nice, natural
Cons: Doesn't raise whiskers, isn't very slick
I got a sample of this with a reorder of their face wash (which, by the way, is the best face wash I've ever used). I was eager to try it but didn't even finish my shave with it. After a pass on each cheek I realized that I still had about half a day's growth on. It was weird- I've never had so ineffective a shave. Before touching my neck, chin, or lip I rinsed it off and went back to Tabac.

I give it the highest mark for quality because it is all natural and has some really great stuff in it. Sadly, it doesn't lather at all.

The packaging, as I said, was a sample tube, so I can only assume that a full order would be packed like their face wash. Which is to say, it isn't packed; it just comes in a cardboard shipping box.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Moisturising, natural (although I find that kind of a pseudo term), smells nice
Cons: Cost, runny, isn't going to lather
This is not for the typical member, but would be best suited for the particular kind of shaver which I've attempted to described below and am reviewing this product as a product within this niche.

-Someone not overly concerned with cost
-Someone that probably does not use a brush/safety razor, I can see it best paired with a Mach 3
-Someone that wants the reassurance of, "Natural" in the description
-Someone that is on the go, either gym/travel
-Someone that desires above average moisturising in their cream

I did not use a brush to shave with this because I am uncertain of it's capabilities with a brush being that it's a non-lathering cream. This product is very moisturising, and my face feels soft as ever. It smells pleasant but is not unique or bold enough to truly hold my attention. It's a herbal scent I found similar to something you might find in California Baby products. I do not believe it is a scent that many people would find distracting.

I enjoy a more traditional process to shaving. Meaning, I like products with a thicker viscosity , even acknowledging it was a non-lathering cream, I found this to be runny when applied to my wet face and unconvincing, somewhat like a lotion that didn't fully absorb like you'd expect a lotion too. Saying that, in the end, the product leaves my skin feeling soft and there were no issues with tugging or skin irritations. Acknowledging it's cost to be at the higher end of most non-lathering creams, and after taking my process into consideration, it does do it's job well. I encourage shavers to consider what they value and need prior to purchasing as this will not be for the typical B&B shaver. I've used at least 20+ shaving soaps/creams, and a handful of non-lathering creams (mainly out of curiosity). KMF is a cheaper alternative and has a more traditional physicality, meaning I can get it to lather even if it is a self-described non-lathering cream, although KMF is not as moisturising. I believe Kiehl's, their sensitive skin shaving cream "Blue Eagle", is as moisturising, and brushless although I am unsure it would fall under all natural. An alternative product that I prefer is Pacific Shaving Cream, great product, cheap, smells good, and has some ability to lather. I do believe URSA MAJOR is an honest company trying to make a name for themselves and even though it's not for me, I get a good feeling from them, although I would only recommend this to someone that fits the description.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)