What's new

St Charles Shave Savory Rose After Shave Milk

Pros: scent
Cons: none
Yaaay! Of the three my wife & I ordered from this company this one stands tall. My wife who commented on the "Manly bathroom scent" of the Bay Rum AS with lime & Extracts of lime took to this with trepidation but liked the smell. It is a light rose scent, doesn't hit you over the head smell and goes on smooth. It absorbs quickly, not sticky, and a decent product. One thumbs up.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Well if you like the scent of rose you should love this stuff. The sent really sticks with you. It does burn a little, I think that it's the witchazel. I think that I am just not the rose lover I thought I was.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Well,

Had to wait til SWMBO was out of the house to try this...she doesn't like rose scented anything...other than roses themselves!

PRICE: Great value...as has already been stated, its only slightly more than a drugstore brand and the stuff works wonders.

QUALITY: Properly seals the skin w/o being too tacky. If you apply Sue's ASM's on thick...they are going to feel that way...thick and tacky. The trick is to use a dime sized amount for your whole face/neck. I made a dabble go the whole way...and now it feels great!

FIGHTS RAZOR BURN: Hard to say..didnt have any this shave, but her Lavender ASM fought razor burn last week pretty well on a different shave of mine...I have no reason to believe this would do differently.

COOLING: Not really a cooling sensation to Savory Rose. Its not Osage Rub...more of a good comforting feeling.

SCENT: Only reason it has marks is because of SWMBO! It reminds me of my grandparents and the good times I had with them when I was a kid. Yes, its an older, classic scent...but a great rose that stays on you for an hour or two afterwards.

EFFICACY: Does the job I intended it to do -- moisturize, heal and seal the skin.

ALCOHOL BURN? No way.

Great stuff!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This After Shave Milk is another of the fine products that Sue makes and distributes through St. Charles Shave.

The price is very good. A bit more than a drug store after shave product but that can be expected due the SR ASM being far superior to off the shelf drug store products. And it is a good deal less than most of the "name" AS products I see touted on B&B.

The quality is not in doubt. Nice texture, wonderful smell, great looking bottle that my wife loves. My compliments Sue.

Fights razor burn I would say that is so. I have had a slight irritation occasionally and the SCS SRASM has taken care of it in good time.

I didn't really sense a big time cooling sensation with this product. I didn't really expect it and when I did not get it I was not upset.

The rose scent is great. As it's name suggests it is "savory" and last more than just a few minutes. It linger around for a few hours at least. Scent is not over powering either. Just right.

Over all I think it does its job very well. Great scent, has astringent qualities, helps with razor burn and cools a bit.

Without alcohol the ASM provides good moisturizing qualities for my skin. No dryness. Face feels soft and smooth.

Has no alcohol so there is no alcohol burn.

I do want to mention that I discussed this product with Sue before buying it. Mentioned that I use Thayer's Toner as an astringent after each shave. Sue suggested that I forgo the Thayer's when I use Savory Rose ASM because it contains witch hazel. Of course I did use both on two occassions and found that I did get what was similar to "alcohol burn". When I used the Savory Rose by itself everything was fine, no burn. See, it pays to listen to a woman in such circumstances.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)