What's new

St. Charles Shave - Orange Sorbet

Today is a sad day... I just finished the small sample that was given to me from another member of SCS Sorbet Orange... It was good stuff... The lather was very impressive! I was lucky enough to have ~15 shaves out of the sample...

Price: I cannot rate this point as it was given to me
Quality: Very good quality indeed, as soon as the lather starts to build, you know that this is not an average product!
Scent: Sweet oranges is the scent. My first thought is Orange Sorbet so the scent is right. It doesn't smell artificial which is very nice.
Lather: AWESOME! Very thick lather, if only all my soaps would be like this... :thumbup1:
Efficacy: Extremely easy to lather and provides heaps of protection!
Moisturizing: My skin feels great afterwards!

Conclusion: I got to try some more SCS product!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I remember when this soap first came out as a 'soap of the month'- if you did not get it, shame on you! :nono:

Nothing like shaving with a 'dreamsicle' in the morning- the only reason I didn't give it a 10 under scent is that I love the 'oakmoss lavendula' more!

And no, I am not willing to trade or sell my stainless steel container.

Marty
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love the scent. I enjoy this soap as well as many of the other soaps that Sue offers.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've used just about every St. Charles Shave soaps out there and this is my all-time favorite. While I've enjoyed most SCS soaps, the scent of the Orange Sorbet is so different and so delicious, it trumps the rest. It's like shaving with a warm creamsicle. It makes me want to keep licking my liips, even after knowing it tastes like soap. Mated with the typically superb SCS performance and you have a winner.

Price: $6 for a large cake or $12 for a huge chunk of soap in a wood or stainless steel bowl is outstanding. Even though this is a soft soap, it's still a great bargain for a shaving soap.

Quality: Sue's soaps are of great quality. It's easy to tell she has spent a lot of time perfecting her recipe and scent blends.

Scent: Sue must have one great sniffer. Just about everything I get from her smells wonderful. But this one tops the charts. I reach for Orange Sorbet more than any other from SCS. There will be much gnashing of teeth when my beloved Orange Sorbet runs out. Oh the horror!!!!

Even my wife loves it. She was using it in the bath the other day and yelled, "I keep wanting to lick my fingers!"

One of the things I most enjoy with SCS soaps is getting to use soaps with strong smells without getting any irritation at all. I've never had any burn with the Orange Sorbet due to sensitivity to the fragrance oils.

Lather: After figuring out that SCS soaps perform well with lots of soap on the brush, I get great lather every time. Hmm...that may make it out to be harder than it is. Really, this stuff lathers very easily. I always get tons of dense, slick lather. Enough for many passes.

Efficacy: Outstaning. It just works well. From beard softening, to slickness, to mutliple passes on the same place without relathering, just great.

Moisturizing: I have a strange love for the moisturizing of this soap. Sorry to repeat myself, but I don't like overly moisturizing soaps/creams. (Me and my oily face.) I'd rate the moisturizing of SCS soaps above average, but my face never feels greasy. My face just feels wonderful when I finish. It leaves my face happy and fresh, feeling good well into the day.

I also really appreciate the SCS soap packaging. The wood bowl and stainless steal bowl allow for room to lather. Messes are rare at letterk's house when using SCS soap. I would hate to lose ANY Orange Sorbet from unnecessary dripage.

The photos:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Tons 'o lather.
displayimage.php

After wiping off all lather, this is what's left in the brush. Plenty for another pass or two.
displayimage.php

The remnants from inside the brush.
displayimage.php

Please use this thread for discussion.
Top Bottom