What's new

St Charles Shave Lavender After Shave Milk

This really is a nice product. I have tried the Rose, Coconut and the lavender. The lavender is the BEST!!!
This is one of my favorite balms. I use it on a regular basis and would recommend it to everyone.
I concur with those who find Sue's Lavender Milk a wonderful product. It feels great on the skin (just don't use too much). The scent I find to be on the mild side but very pleasant. I must admit that I have taken a bit of time to find acquire a taste for balms/milks but this is a nice product. For the price it can't be beat. It is a very good value.
This was the first product I purchased from SCS and why I just keep going back. If you like lavender, this is something you must have. It does not have a cooling sensation and on me there is a bit of bite when I first put it on, but that quickly turns into a loving caress.
This is one of the best aftershave balms that I've ever used, if not the best.

The price is certainly not too much to ask, the same with any other SCS product. The consistency is perfect and allows it to spread easily. You don't need very much at all, a little goes a long way.

Fights razor burn with the best of them. I absolutely love the way this stuff leaves my skin feeling afterwards, very comforting, very relaxing and protective. Absolutely no oiliness whatsover, dries almost instantly and absorbs right into the skin.

The SCENT! MY GOD, THE SCENT! As others have said, if you are a Lavender lover, this one does NOT disappoint and may very well be one of the best lavender scented products I've ever tried. Absolutely awesome! I truly wonder what species of Lavender Sue uses. Being the mad scientist that I am, I've tried making several variations of Lavender (as well as other) aftershave milks and I can not seem to find one that smells nearly as good as Sue's version. She obviously uses a ton of oil as well, if you look at the product in your hand you can see tiny beads of the oil letting you know that she didn't spare any expense making this wonderful stuff.

There's nothing else to be said about it's moisturizing properties. With my oily skin, this product is very well-balanced and leaves my skin feeling wonderful wtih absolutely no oiliness. Even though many other ASBs go on smoothly, I've found that many leave me with an oiliness afterwards. Not so with this milk.

Great stuff and you can not ask for a more pleasantly scented ASM! :w00t:
SCS lavender milk is indeed very moisturizing, but the sticky/tacky residue it leaves on my face is quite unappealing. I can usually overlook this in an aftershave product if it wears off reasonably quickly, but my face remains sticky to the touch hours later (even if I use a very small amount).

The scent will definitely be appreciated by lavender aficionados, although I would not compare it to CF lavender (which I currently use as a benchmark for lavender scents).

That said, it does feel good after the shave--you can really feel the witch hazel doing its job, and the other ingredients certainly repair and moisturize your skin.

A nice product that is worth checking out, especially if you tend to have dry skin or if you live in a dry climate.
I just received some of this the other day and have used it two times now. Overall, it's a good aftershave. I didn't care for the scent all that much and it lacks in the cooling sensation area. I will say that it left my skin some what tacky for the first few hours after I put it on (I think maybe I used to much). It did fight the razor burn big time and the moisturizing properties are really excellent. I will keep using this aftershave for a long time.
This truly is a wonderful product. It does what it is supposed to do, and it does it very well. The lavender scent is unreal!

The only qualms I have with this is that it doesn't come with a dispenser (small pump top) and you can mistakenly pour WAY too much out. Luckily, I had a few pumps lying around and one of them fit wonderfully. Problem solved!

For the money, you won't find a better quality product from a nicer seller.
I absolutely love this stuff!:w00t: When I am planning that special shave, I know exactly what the ingredients are- and this is the main one. How many of us build our shave around the after shave milk?:biggrin:

The only reason I gave it an 8 under cooling sensation is that I can never tell when using it-no burn, no cooling;in fact, more of a calming effect.:wink:

If you love lavender or have a lavender shave soap or shave cream and do ot have this-what's wrong with you!(RESISTANCE IS FUTILE). I have no other combo @ present that can top using the Merkur 38C/Derby;AOS Lavender shave cream; B&B Horny Finest;alum block;Thayer's Lavender toner followed by SCS Lavender shave milk-the ultimate shave!

It is so good, I bought the savory rose(and recently purchased the B&B w/Twist shave milk) just because. This is an instant classic.

marty
I agree with the aforementioned. Sue's lavender aftershave milk is great. I especially agree with its superb ability to moisturize; no need to apply lotion after using the milk! The scent is also one of my favorites as well, definitely up there, if not above, AOS's lavender aftershave balm. Overall, I highly recommend this aftershave milk to all who appreciate the lavender scent.
proxy.php

Fellas this is the aftershave milk you never knew you needed. I consider myself a lavender connoisseur and this is as good as an aftershave can get.

Price: Shipping prices make it more practical to purchase multiple items from most vendors and Sue is no exception. The exceptional SCS inventory makes this dangerously easy.

Quality: I find myself shaking the bottle out of habit but this is not necessary: there is no separation of ingredients and this product should make a decent traveler. The glass bottle is also a nice touch and adds to the overall high quality feel of using the product.

Fights Razor Burn: This aftershave fights like a champ in this department, especially considering its lavender component. Its rejuvenating effects are right up there with other alleged high end retail products.

Cooling Sensation: I do not expect a cooling sensation from an aftershave milk (unless it is refrigerated or contains alcohol). My skin nevertheless feels satiated after each use.

Scent: If you decide to try this product for any reason I assure you its scent will not leave you disappointed. If you love lavender this is a must have!
Just a whiff from the luxurious bottle will leave you lavender-laden—as if the bottle were a vase with sprouts of lavender shooting skyward and filling your lungs and shave den with a tremendously relaxing sensation. You can tell Sue really did not skimp on the lavender essential oils with this one. The strength of the lavender scent is comparable to Castle Forbes or Art of Shaving lavender shaving creams.

Efficacy: Nothing more to add apart from that which is already mentioned above—this stuff does what it's designed to do!

Moisturizing: This aftershave is surprisingly moisturizing considering its intense lavender olfactory properties. Not quite as moisturizing as other moisturizers out there but this is a better all-around product. It doesn't just moisturize or just smell delicious. It's a classy, high quality product designed to do both and accomplishes such with flying [strike]lavender[/strike] colors!

No Alcohol Burn: I would rate this criterion, along with scent, 11 if possible. There's no alcohol burn here because this product does not contain alcohol. I also experienced no irritation due to stearic acid (a common irritant to my skin that's contained in many alcohol free moisturizers and ASBs) or the essential oils contained in this product.

In case the above did not make it clear: I like this product. I love most things lavender and believe I have a discerning eye/nose/beard when it comes to lavender products.
Stack this right up there with Castle Forbes and Art of Shaving in the scent department. The force of the lavender smell is truly incredible and stays with me for a while. Every now and then I catch a sniff of it a few hours into the day (even over my New Spice EDT).

I enjoy using this one so much that I even apply it on the days I don't shave.

Thanks to Sue for yet another superior product! :thumbsup:

-Michael
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)