What's new

St. Charles Shave - Almond Shaving Soap.

Pros: Latherability, cushion
Cons: None
Phenomenal overall soap. Lathers extremely quickly. Great cushion. Nice slickness. Scent is nice but nothing special. Will perform with the best of them. Nice soap!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
AAA+++ in my book! Great product Sue!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Love this one. The scent is amazing. All of the SCS soaps are excellent Perhaps one has to work with it a little longer to get the perfect lather...but that is not an issue as it smells so good. The soap does not last as long as the triple milled brands I have used....but that is not an issue either. They last long enough.....and I can then move on to another of Sue's soaps:wink:

Great Product

Regards
Brian
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
As already stated, Sue makes an excellent product and her customer service is top notch.

Every soap that I have tried from SCS has been an excellent product and the Almond is no exception. It lathers beautifully and provides for an extremely close shave.

Even if this soap was an average performer, I would buy it for the scent. It is a very cherry Almond scent that I could eat with a spoon.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Sue's soaps are certainly up there with the rest of the quality soaps. It is one of my favorite soaps.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I've been meaning to review this soap for some time, as I really enjoy it, and it is quite moisturizing for a shaving soap. The almond is a VERY "cherry" smelling almond, but alas, it is still superb, and boy oh boy does it smell powerfully! Lather up with this stuff and it will fill your bathroom with the lush scent of cherry/almond. Although the "quality" of this shaving bowl is not as high as the 3T's - it is "taller" and the soap is more recessed, so as to allow you to actually whip up some lather in the bowl without it immediatly creating a tremendous mess! Kudos to Sue, as for me this is a BIG time plus... nothing is luxurious about flicking lather around the bathroom/down your arm.

Overall - I feel this is not just good, but a superb shaving soap at a reasonable price. Just look below to see this shaving soaps impressive display with just a cheapie pure badger brush! This soap works as well with a small, cheap pure badger brush as many fine shaving soaps perform with an expensive silvertip! If you haven't tried Sue's soaps... do it.

One of my favorite shaving soaps, and I certainly plan on ordering quite a few more!

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

After being wiped around my face (note the flattened look)
displayimage.php

Even after the shave has been finished there is still a TON of lather to go around!
displayimage.php

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC WITHOUT HAVING TO REVIEW IT.
Top Bottom