What's new

SSilcox Acrylic Brush/DE/Straight Stands

I got a 3 brush, 2 razor in smoke. All the cuts were clean and neat, and I couldn't be happier with this stand for the price.

My only concern would be durability, and that only because it is acrylic.

Great stand for the money!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
All I can say that I was very satisfied with Shane's work and his customer service repoire was excellent when I called him at his establishment. Before, I had a converted wood pipe stand (which was OK), but Shane made me a custom 1 razor - 2 Brush stand in 'smoke' color (he has other colors too), with engraving ("A Great Lather is Half the Shave"), which is perfect for my shave den. :thumbup:

Also, I really like the simplicity and overall shape of his stands. The price can't be beat (my stand cost about $23US w/ shipping), and the quaility is 'top notch' plus they are designed to never tilt/fall over regardless what type of custom stand you desire and I quite sure this stand (because it is acrylic), will outlast my lifetime and then some. :lol1:

Attached Image - Ever-Ready 150 Boar Brush (on the left), Merkur 38C, Ever-Ready 150 Silvertip Brush (on the right).

proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php
"Life is [like] a razor, you are always in hot water or a scrape" Anonymous
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I special ordered a 4 straight razor only stand.

Price: You can get a custom stand for about what you would spend on a generic toothbrush holder. It's hard to beat the prices.

Quality/Durability: Some people may prefer the look of metal/wood for their stands but the acrylic used in these stands will most likely stand up to moisture and chemicals better than the former. I can not see any flaws in the cutting and shaping of the material.

Performance/Usefulness: The stand is fairly compact, holds the straights in place well, and cleans easily. Thought the base is not weighted, it is designed in such a way that it is not at all top-heavy and fairly hard to tip over.

Packaging: It arrived packed more than adequately to prevent any damage in shipping.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Shane has a website now... Www.cuttingedgerazors.com

Mine is a 2 brush, 2 DE stand. Works well enough.

My only complaints are...
1) my long handled super adj. Touches the counter top when in the stand...needs to be 2mm taller.
2) not technically a complaint, but an observation... it won't fit a knot/handle over approx 22mm. It also will not hold a longer handled brush at the handle, only at the knot.

Otherwise, they are an effective and affordable way to keep your den tidy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
midniterambler;1755454 said:
is there a link somewhere for his website or is there another way to view his line in order to order?

Just drop him a PM- you'll get a quick response.
is there a link somewhere for his website or is there another way to view his line in order to order?
This is a great guy who makes these stands. There was a mistake made where i wanted the name and he made another free of charge. I have 3 them now always a great fellow to deal with.

The only thing is they are a little light but a fine stand for a fair price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I must reply to my complete satisfaction with my purchase for a ssilcox shaving stand. I ordered a double razor, single brush version, but after receiving it found that my brush was undersized and would fall out. I emailed back and they made me another. the new version works perfectly. If you want a great shaving stand and a great company to do business with this is the place. Thank You
I just received my 4 DE / 2 Brush stand the other day. It's just what I needed. Sensible size footprint. Good design. You can't beat the price! Being the acrylic plastic, I realize that it's not going to take a lot of abuse so I gave a 7 there. I've not had any issues with this yet though.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Like many of the gents that reviewed this product, I really liked this stand. Unfortunately, I felt compelled to mention that I've not found it nearly as durable as the other B&Bers. My first stand was broken during shipping, and like a true gentleman, he replaced it without being asked. I think he's a first rate vendor. However, when I moved, I dropped the second one from a very low height (maybe 1-2 feet) and it broke. So, as much as I liked the stand, I'm now left unable to order another due to the two breaking.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
2.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
I've purchased two of these stands, and both were perfect. A better bargain can't be found anywhere.
I love my stands i can't wait to expand my collection of brushes and razors so i can order more, very convenient, great looking and work great!

[Note: Middle Clear Stand is from my Dad and is very very old, not from ssilcox]
proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I just got a 2 brush 4 DE stand in clear arcylic. It sits on a ledge that transitions to shower glass so the clear really highlights my goodies. Beautiful, simple, elegant, and efficient.

Plus ssilocx is super responsive and flexible in helping you design what you need.
Couldn't be happier!

Unless there's some itch you just can't scratch without having a metal stand, these stands are absolutely the best option.

Couldn't find something to complain about even if I wanted to. :)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
So what's the next thing you need after your razors, brush, soap and cream? Something to display your collection with.

Ok some of the "commercially available" ones out there are nice, but they come at a price and they only ever hold 1 razor.

And what better way to get a stand than to support a fellow B&B member ??

These stands are customisable by Shane depending on your needs.
Things you can specify:
No of brushes
No of DE razors
No of Straight razors
( and any combintation of above )

He's even done a "toothbrush forest" :tongue_sm

and you get a choice of colour AND he'll engrave them for free :w00t:

My latest is a 4DE, 1 Brush to replace my 2 DE, 1 Brush
proxy.php
proxy.php

He's got a bunch of "standard" templates but if you need something outside that he's more than willing to help.

Great communication and fast shipping, even to Australia.

I couldn't find a better looking, more economical stand anywhere but of course as with everything on B&B YMMV :tongue_sm

For more information see this thread

A great accessory from a great B&B member :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)