What's new

SR 3722 photo essay

OK, let me go ahead and say that, for me, this is the best brush I have ever used. Period. Soaps, creams, face, bowl - it's tops. A real SBAD killer. I have yet to find a single disappointment with this brush. I thought going in that the bulb shape knot would not be my favorite, but guess what - love it now.

Price: I don't know a better brush for the cost.

Quality: Good heft, no shedding, even knot shape, well-sorted hair (next to no dark tips or odd hairs. Nice engraved and filled logo and grade info.

Density: It's nice and dense, without being overly dense. I say "10" here because, if it were much denser, it would detract from the overall appeal and functionality IMHO.

Stiffness of Tips: They stand up quite well to appropriate pressure, and don't just fold like some other super-soft tips.

Softness of Tips: Didn't you just hear me say "super-soft" tips? The softest. Awesome.

Ergonomic: GREAT handle shape. Up there with the Simpson Colonel in terms of comfort for me. Perfect loft and size to my face.

Latherability: Lathering machine. Makes all the lather you'd ever want from less soap. I made the mistake of spending a little too much time loading MWF early on and ended up with lather up to my elbows. Look at Jim's pics - lather MONSTER. RUN AND HIDE!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
My favorite brush so far from SR. It makes tons of lather, works equally well with soaps and creams and it has the perfect hande. Big enough as to not have lather all over your fingers. The tips are soft, plenty of backbone. Just a real pleasure to shave with. Perfect knot size and hair loft for daily use. This is my 3rd Savile Row and it won't be my last one!

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
SR 3722 comparison photos

Left to right-Omega 24 MM Shavemac 23MM SR 22MM
The loft on the SR is longer but it is not more floppy/moppy than the Shavemac.

After a week of use she really opened up

Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips