What's new

Speick eau de Cologne

Pros: Cost friendly, crisp fresh, clean scent
I tried the shave stick last year and liked the scent, making me to add the cologne to my summer time want list.

One of the least expensive colognes out there for the product that you get.

Quality of the juice is superb, mostly because of its natural ingredients from the plant.

It comes in a sleek clear glass bottle with a very good atomizer. One or two sprays on the neck and chest is the perfect amount. Not overpowering at all.

As far as complexity goes, I disagree with some of the reviews that list it as simple. Perhaps more simple than other concoctions available, but it does smell different when applied as to the aroma after the dry down, which indicates complexity, to me. It is more floral than I expected it to be after it dries. Very pleasant fragrance that doesn't leave you feeling feminine, but has an edge of softness to it.

I got the 2012 version of this elixr, that was listed as having a bit more orange oil in it to assist in lasting longer than earlier versions. On me, it lasted a good 8 hours. Granted, it wasn't as loud as when first applied, but very detectable after 8 hours, which I'm told, If I can smell it, then others can smell it even more.

All in all, for the price, why not add this to your collection of colgnes?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I love the entire Speick line of products, but the cologne is the weakest of the bunch.

At $20 USD, this is a very reasonable priced fragrance, but you get what you pay for with Speick cologne. The packaging is good, but nothing fancy. The scent is excellent. While not as woody as the shaving soap, it retains the same floral spice, and maybe a little citrus too, but I'm no expert in identifying fragrances.

The biggest drawback is the staying power. This stuff is gone by the time I walk out of my bathroom. That's no big deal, because the atomizer blows a sizable cloud. If you want to smell like Speick all day, you're going to have to bring a bottle with you, because it's just too weak, but at $20 you shouldn't feel too bad using it liberally.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I love this cologne. It smells great. My wife generally doe not like when I wear cologne, but she loves the smell of Speick. I wish the scent would last longer. It fades very quickly.:001_rolle
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This smelled to me like a sharper, edgier version of 4711 with low staying power. Great for the fragrance user who doesn't like fragrance, and doesn't want anyone else to smell it-- at all. The Howard Hughes of fragrances it is great for it's type.

No atomizer, splash only in the version I sampled.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
I like this scent but the staying power is very low:confused:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Sprechen sie Speick?
I received this in the mail over the weekend, having ordered it in a frenzy after reading the excellent review by Joel -- and I was not disappointed. These days I appreciate scents that are clean, non-offensive, crisp, and that do not attempt to send a signal that I am so desparate that I am relying on cologne to prove my masculinity or be the sole source of sexual attractivenss to the opposite sex. This cologne delivers for me. I can detect it 7 hours after application and I only apply it to the carotid pulse points on my neck (I have a sensitive nose, apparently). A good everyday, every-situation scent, in my opinion.
Dan
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I hate to give a Speick product a less than glowing review........being an enormous fan of the cream and AS, but this EDC has zero staying power on me. It's literally undetectable within an hour of application unless I douse myself in it.

Nice scent, simple functional packaging, very affordable, good applicator......now if only it lasted beyond breakfast.

Can't recommend it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
With all the Speickaholics on this forum, I am in shock that this hasn't been reviewed yet. I will correct that here!

If you like Speick, you will like this cologne. It is a fair match for the shave cream and aftershave, which means it is a nice clean scent. I suffer from migraines, and many scents will give me one. Not this one! The scent is not heavy or overpowering, and it seems like you can use as much as you want without killing all the plant life in the area. Or offending your coworkers.

There is no complexity to this scent at all. It starts out Speick. moves on to Speck and finally fades into Speick. The downside to this cologne is that it doesn't take long to fade. A few hours and it is pretty well gone. I can still get traces of it at bedtime, but I have to really look for it.

NOTE - I had to amend this section. The scent does change, but it changes very rapidly then settles. It start out just like the aftershave, with a sort of sappy, spicy clean scent. As it dries down- which happens in minutes - the sappyness goes away leaving you with a nice clean spicy scent that you can basically bathe in without it being too loud. So I upgraded the complexity a bit, but not much!

The price is great, and the bottle and atomizer are first rate. I love all things Speick, and this cologne is the topping to a great start of the day.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)