What's new

Speick Canned Foam

Item Description

I saw West Coast Shaving had this on sale for $7, so when I bought some aftershave from them I stuck this in the order just for curiosities sake. I am glad I did.

The price is a lot higher than your typical Gillette or Barbasol foams. However the quality is there to match the price, so I guess I can't complain too much. The foam is thick and dense. The dispenser nozzle is not a tube, but rater a horizontal fan shaped affair that helps spread the foam over your hands without waste. A very good design. Tube nozzles tend to stack the foam up so it's harder to judge when you have enough.

I N/Aed latherability for obvious reasons! :biggrin:

The scent is pure Speick, so it smells great to me. Not intense - not as much as the cream for sure, but a little more than the soap.

And it works. It works OK. You get good lube and whisker softening, but no slip and slide. The shave is comfortable but different. I used my Cobra Classic and found it to be quite at home with the Speick canned foam. The shave was not quite as good as I have come to expect and I couldn't get as close. However there was NO burn whatsoever when I applied the Floid aftershave.

As for moisturizing, my face feels good. Much like a normal Speick cream shave. So good marks there.

Packaging - eh. It's a can in the usual Speick markings.

So to summarize, if you are a Speickaholic, this is good stuff to throw in your dopp kit. It works well enough and much better than your run of the mill canned foams. There is no real fun to it, but sometimes you just have to shave and get going.

UPDATE - In the interest of full disclosure, I did find that my shave did not last as long for whatever reason. Using my Cobra Classic razor I am generally BBS from 5AM until early afternoon. After using this stuff that only lasted until mid-morning. So I apparently was unable to get as close.

Still it works acceptably well in terms of comfort and may be a decent travel companion. Not an every day cream though.

Latest reviews

I saw West Coast Shaving had this on sale for $7, so when I bought some aftershave from them I stuck this in the order just for curiosities sake. I am glad I did.

The price is a lot higher than your typical Gillette or Barbasol foams. However the quality is there to match the price, so I guess I can't complain too much. The foam is thick and dense. The dispenser nozzle is not a tube, but rater a horizontal fan shaped affair that helps spread the foam over your hands without waste. A very good design. Tube nozzles tend to stack the foam up so it's harder to judge when you have enough.

I N/Aed latherability for obvious reasons! :biggrin:

The scent is pure Speick, so it smells great to me. Not intense - not as much as the cream for sure, but a little more than the soap.

And it works. It works OK. You get good lube and whisker softening, but no slip and slide. The shave is comfortable but different. I used my Cobra Classic and found it to be quite at home with the Speick canned foam. The shave was not quite as good as I have come to expect and I couldn't get as close. However there was NO burn whatsoever when I applied the Floid aftershave.

As for moisturizing, my face feels good. Much like a normal Speick cream shave. So good marks there.

Packaging - eh. It's a can in the usual Speick markings.

So to summarize, if you are a Speickaholic, this is good stuff to throw in your dopp kit. It works well enough and much better than your run of the mill canned foams. There is no real fun to it, but sometimes you just have to shave and get going.

UPDATE - In the interest of full disclosure, I did find that my shave did not last as long for whatever reason. Using my Cobra Classic razor I am generally BBS from 5AM until early afternoon. After using this stuff that only lasted until mid-morning. So I apparently was unable to get as close.

Still it works acceptably well in terms of comfort and may be a decent travel companion. Not an every day cream though.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)