What's new

Spanish Helios Stainless Steel blades

I used these for about 2 weeks in a 38C together with Tabac and found them to be complelety fine, but not very long lived. Unlike above, my first shave was good, but by shave 4 or 5 they began to irritate, so a downgrade for longevity.

Good solid performer, but I would not go out of my way to seek them out in quantity.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Whenever I find a new brand of blades I just have to buy & try them. Usually this means another brand on the list of 'tried and move on'.
These were a really nice surprise. There is a little drag (not unpleasant) and these are not the sharpest out there but they perform only just below my top 3.
The shave reminds me very much of the Wilkinson Classic but a lot better in every way. The first shave is a little harsh and rough but that is gone during the 2nd and 3th shave; they are smooth and rather close.
I do need 3-4 passes with these (2-3 with my blade of choice) but nevertheless they were still so good on the 4th shave I tried the first blade on a 5th.
That was one too many. Shave #1 was a little rough, #2 &3 were smooth and rather close, #4 just made somewhere between a DFS and a presentable (but was still so good I had to try a #5) but the last shave just gave too much irritation and not a too close shave.
Bear in mind that 4 good shaves is about the max I get from any blade; usually it is just 3 and with a lot of the lesser gods it is only 2.
The overall quality is not good enough to earn a place among my favourites but they come rather close and I will get myself a couple of packs of these.
Just for the sake of variety.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
The Spanish made Helios blade,

i have fairly sensative skin, so when a blade isnt smooth, i notice it, with irritation and nicks, and when i used this blade with the 38c, thats what happened, but the vision made me change my mind, the vision is a milder razor when set to 0, which makes it a nice razor for shaper blades,

as i said, it took me a while to find the right razor for this blade, but by no means did it resolved all the problems, it does have some roughness to it that you notice in the first passes, especialy if you have heavy stubble, you feel a bit of tugging, maybe corking will resolve it, but shaving with the vision and this blade, the final result was very similar to using a crystal/Blue personna/super+ blade, maybe requiering a bit more touch up,

over all, at 1,10 euros for a 10 pack in a shop near my house, or at 80 cents for a 10 pack mail ordered from casa rodriguez, these are mighty decent blades,

heres some fotos for you,

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Top Bottom