What's new

Soap Opera Himalaya and Shea Butter

Pros: great lather
Cons: none
This is the second soap I've tried and it has become my favorite. It is easy to lather. The sent is not overbearing. I leaves my face very soft. It is very slick and allows my razor to glide.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I bought this soap when I was just starting to wet shave, the only other soap I had purchased before this was Col. Conk's almond. I was vacationing in Madison, and walked into this shop to find a great selection of soaps, including this one that they make in house.

Now I have tried many soaps and creams and can still call this soap a great value, and compares with Col Conks, and other affordable glycerin soaps.
http://www.thesoapopera.com/cgi-bin/scart.cgi/TSO-HMS-100.php3?scartid=6112318

It is a glycerin based soap with added shea butter for moisture. It lathers well, and provides good cushion for my thick beard. The scent is slightly floral - but more "springy", I am not familiar with the himalaya fragrance other than this soap, but I enjoy the delicate yet noticeable fragrance of this soap.

They make several other varieties as you can see from the website, but this was recommended to me because of my thick beard.

I soak the soap in water during my shower, and then load the warm and relatively dry brush, then lather in a bowl. Great thick lather, not as thick as taylor's cream, but thick for a glycerin soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)