What's new

Smoke and Beads by SCS

I haven't smelt the combination of patchouli and orange/citrus before, and it is amazing. On my first spray once it settled I smelled a little smokiness, but now the orange/citrus is in the foreground (I'll have to back away for a day, and then re-smell it). The orange/citrus really balances the patchouli to make anyone love it. I felt my bottle was a little low on patchouli for my taste (YRMV, I could only smell the patchouli when I sprayed it on my wrist but not on my chest). I added a little extra patchouli EO (I hope Sue doesn't get mad at me!) I think I have a good balance now, hopefully not too much. I think I might even be able to wear this one at work (waiter) without anyone saying "you smell like a hippy". It definitely does not smell that way! With the earthiness and citrus balance, I think this can be enjoyed any time of the year:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
If you enjoy patchouli, definitely check this one out. I detect a citrus and leather accord which nicely counter-balances the patchouli. Use in small doses, as this could easily overwhelm. I personally would not wear this to the boardroom, or when interacting with clients because patchouli seems to be one of those scents that one either loves or hates. I enjoy it. It seems well made, lasts all day, and has a comforting sort of effect on me.:thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
A superb Patchouli smell that, as the website states, may not be for the faint of heart, but I find very comforting. It's got just enough citrus scents to tone down the Patchouli without overpowering it. I agree with the previous review that ranks this as an American classic scent that almost anyone looking for a scent different than the norm will enjoy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I fear I am not up to adequately describing SCS's Smoke and Beads.
After reading the reviews here on SCS's very v, I ordered some, and I liked it quite a bit.
However, it came with some samples, one of which was Smoke and Beads. Which just smelled outstanding to me. I immediately ordered the Smoke and Beads, as well as the Melaaze.
The Smoke and Beads is, to me, the essence of the late 60's, early 70's.
This isn't your father's dirty hippy patchouli.
SCS Smoke and Beads is a fine, classy scent, that could well be at home in Fortune 500 boardrooms across the nation.
SCS's Smoke and Beads is an American classic, even historic, scent, that multiple generations will appreciate.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)