What's new

Simpsons The Duke #2

Item Description

My thanks to the B&B staff and Lee at Lee's Razors for this wonderful brush. Compared to my old stiff boar this brush is fantastic. It holds water quite well and lathers the cream like mad. It took no time at all to work up a wonderful lather with this brush.

The bristles are quite soft and feel great against the skin. I expect to get many years of service from this great brush.

Latest reviews

Pros: Knot density, lathering ability
Cons: Price
After having shedding problems with my first Simpsons brush I decided to take a chance on the Duke 2. Armed with a gift card I splurged on a higher end brush. I felt pretty confident since I was buying a new brush instead of used like my first.

First impressions were just so so, it looked pretty small to me and the knot didn't look better than other best badgers I'd seen. I went ahead with some test lathers and it became apparent why these brushes command higher prices. The knot is so dense that you don't have to use much pressure to load a soap or lather on your face. And what lather it creates. Within a minute it whips up a great lather.

I've been using it for a couple weeks straight and it's breaking in nicely. The tips are getting softer, but it still retains backbone. Best of all it has not had any shedding issue. The only knock against it is the price. Even with a discount (I've seen it for $92 on some sites) this is the most expensive brush I've purchased. Still, if you want to treat yourself to a higher end brush this is a terrific option.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great face lathering brush in Simpson's best
Cons: Can be a lather hog
Nice! Can use this as my daily driver and be perfectly happy. I use it only with soaps (loads well and makes great lather). This is not an elegant brush like some Simpson's (say PJ or Polo). This is a brush to use to tear up a puck and lay down lather!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great all around, every day brush
Cons: Haven't found any
This was my first high end brush and I'm loving it. It's a brush that will never leave my den. Although I do use my other brushes in rotation, I'm not going to lie, I reach for this brush most often.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)