What's new

Simpsons Special In Best

Item Description

I bought this brush a few weeks ago as I liked the small size of it for my Dopp and it's inexpensive price tag. The handle is comfortable to use despite it's dimunitive size and it works great with creams and soaps. I did notice that the hair in this (best) is not as white at the tips as my Duke 3 in Best but it feels equally soft. It's not as densely packed either but I found it does not splay out alot and maintains it's shape well while lathering. Perhaps due to it's short loft. In fact, I think it has the right amount of give and doesn't "hold onto" the lather like my more densely packed D3.

Anyway, I love this brush and would not hesitate to recommend it. :001_tt1:

Pros: Inexpensive and feels well made.

Cons: Can't think of anything...Perhaps it would be too small for those that like big brushes

To discuss this review, click here.

Latest reviews

Pros: great facelatherer, great value
Cons: Hmm
Of all of my Simpsons this is no doubt the best deal. I love small brushes for facelathering and this meets my standards very well. Enough backbone and density, great flow-through, creates lather very easily and feels great on the face.

The knot stays compact during the shave (not too much bloom) making it a very precise little brush. The density is less than with a Berkeley or Classic but because the shape of the knot stays together the backbone is almost as firm.

The handle fits the hand very well; it is a good thing that Simpson put a relative large handle under the small knot so it is really comfortable in use.

This Simpson is flying a bit under the radar but it deserves more than that imo; this is the best value you can get from Simpson I think. With the same price as the Wee Scot you have at least twice that brush with the Special.

Highly recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This is a great and affordable brush. I also bought it from Tony at Penworks below $40.

I'm in love with Simpson best hair. This is a little dense brush that has done a good job with both soap and creams.

This could be the only brush I own.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Price. I bought this brush two months ago for £23 / 35USD. Its a lot of brush for the money.

Quality. It has lost 2 hairs in this time.

Density. I gave it an 8 only because its not a chubby!

Stiffness. If I'm using soaps I like to face lather. No problem here.

Softness. Not far removed from super or silvertip.

Ergonomic. It suits me but I have smaller than average hands?

Latherability. This wee brush will soon whip up your favorite cream or soap with ease.

I would whole heartedly recommend this brush to anyone.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)