What's new

Simpsons Harvard H4

I just received this brush from West Coast Shaving, after searching for a longer-handled brush with a higher loft for bowl/mug lathering with creams. I have to say this fits the bill!

I tried doing research on this brush prior to ordering, and there is very little out there. Its listed as a 24mm knot, with a 51mm loft at WCS (they are the only vendor I have found that carries it, at least in the U.S. - others carry the Harvard, but not the H4), but it looks and feels much bigger than that. And the handle! The handle is a very substantial, practically the best part of the brush. Its very ergonomic, especially for those with larger hands (former offensive lineman here!) and it protrudes nicely out of my Old Spice mug.

It is skritchy, as it is in Best, but it is softening nicely the more times I've used it. It also holds water like a champ, so it really is a great brush for lathering creams. Its loft and size might not make it the best for soaps, however.

This brush compares favorably with the Persian Jars in Best, especially the PJ3. They look similar, in size and handle design, but the Harvard seems more dense and substantial. This brush really needs to be seen to be appreciated. And I do!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)