What's new

Simpsons Ehsan

I got this brush from kfralin on the BST …thanks Keith !!!

It has to be the perfect brush for soap, nice soft tips, but plenty of backbone…it is like brushing your face with trifle, nice and soft on the top, with a bit of firmness and give down below, just like a jelly base…..

Yep this brush is of top notch quality and will be in my rotation every time I reach for a soap…YUMMO !

:thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
As the OP said, this is an amazing brush for the money! It handles soaps as well as creams without hesitation. The handle is a perfect length for lathering in my G5 scuttle. The lather is quite substantial and after minimal soap loading it lathers enough for three passes and cleanup with lather to spare.

The tips are amazingly soft with great backbone. I am not huge on stiff brushes. For me this is the perfect balance.

I have not lost a single hair in over a month of use. It has me seriously considering another Simpson for a back-up brush. This brush has pushed my Omega and Vie-Long to the side of the den.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Price: As stated, the price absolutely cannot be beat for the quality of the knot. I thought my Rooney in Super was excellent, but this blows it out of the water in my opinion.

Quality: The brush is nice and solid, but mine has lost quite a few hairs over the first few latherings. We will see if that calms down, but it has subsided noticeably from the fist run so that boosts confidence.

Density/Stiffness/Softness: While not as dense as my Rooney, somehow the Ehsan actually feels just as dense on the face. I think the stiffness of the knot has a lot to do with that. The knot had tons of backbone but the tips, despite feeling very scritchy dry, are incredibly soft once on the face.

Ergonomics: I was a little worried about the handle design as I like smaller handles, but the fact that the brush was $50 cheaper than the Chubby 1 tipped the balance. Turns out the longer handle works wonders in the larger deeper bowl I use. The bulb knot is also quite nice as I use a combination of face lathering and painting.

Latherability: The lather really explodes out of this brush. I have found that I don't need to shake it as much as the Rooney to get the right water ratio, but every brush is a little different here. As an added bonus, the flowthrough is excellent so it isn't a horrible lather hog.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)