What's new

Simpsons Beaufort

From your description....I assume you are talking about he B6. This brush comes in 6 sizes....this one being the largest. I like to put my pucks of soap into large containers.....and this brush deals with them perfectly. The bristle is firm enough to exfoliate very efficiently Not too much scrubbing (IMO).....and masses of lather. This is one of my favourites for soaps. Can't say too much about creams as I use my softer brushes for those. All in all ....a good buy.

Brian
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This is the brush I have been looking for! Thankfully, a conversation with Lee(Leesrazors.com) about my slant purchase, led me in this direction. Basically, I told him I wanted a brush that was scrubby,dense, and large and he delivered.

The Beaufort is almost as large as the Omega boar brush-just a tad under in height(115 mm). The handle however, is what sets this brush apart. The grip is substantial w/o being overwhelming. It feels like a man's brush.

It whips up creams w/o problem- just a light skimming across them and away we go! I was able to get 6 passes worth of lather from less than a snurdle of cream. The explosion of lather had me giggling like a bunch of teenagers playing spin the bottle for the first time. :biggrin:

Since Friday, it has bloomed like you wouldn't believe( I really have to get a digi-cam). What impresses me about it, is that it's scrubby and yet somewhat soft @ the same time. It's not as soft as my Omega boar(which I've had much longer), but I didn't want soft-or floppy.

It is not as pretty as the PJ models, but I wanted heft, not beauty and this fits the bill nicely. So if you have large hands or if other brushes feel tiny, this is the one for you.

I have it in pure, so next I will see how it does with soaps(but I'm not that concerned). However, after soaking and 2 shaves, the Simpsons label fell off- not that I care(knew it would happen), just wanted to mention it.

Marty
Top Bottom