What's new

Sienna Luxury After Shave Balm

Pros: outstanding ASB
Cons: price, pump
This is probably the best ASB that I have used. There is no burn at all even after rough shaves. The balm has a nice consistency and smells great, although the scent is not quite what it is with the soap. The bottle is of a high quality and looks great in the bathroom and the moisturizing qualities last all day. My only grip is that the pump does not put out enough product...you need to pump a couple of times. -------- Update Mar 2012: I went back to C&E and bought the Nomad and Sandalwood ASBs to complement all my soaps. They are all of the same high quality and have all the features of the Sienna. Infact, one might even mistake each for the other. The scent is very faint unlike the soaps.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
C&E's Sienna Balm is one of my favorite shaving products. It's expensive, even if you get it on sale, as I did, but a little goes a long way and the quality of the product is top notch. I find it to be one of the most moisturizing balms I've tried, and it fights razor burn wonderfully. There is no cooling sensation, which I am personally appreciate, and there is no alcohol in the product. So is it worth the price? For me it is - it works very well and smells fantastic, so it's a product that I hope is never discontinued.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: moisturizing, scent
Cons: price, artificial chemicals, availability
Crabtree & Evelyn Sierra Luxury After Shave Balm

This is one of three after-shave balms offered by Crabtree & Evelyn, each of which is available online or at at their stores. It contains Vitamin E, sweet almond oil, and a dizzying list of chemicals which I have included at the end of this review for you reading pleasure.

Price: $32 for 3.4 oz (100 ml)–$9.41 per oz, by volume. That's steep, but each bottle should last a while.

Quality: Well...the end result is a quality product, and I would likely buy it again, but for this price I would prefer more natural ingredients.

Fights Razor Burn: Not the best at this task, but it gets the job done.

Cooling Sensation: It cools a little bit. I don't think C&E was targeting a cooling sensation with this product.

Scent: It smells somewhat of spice and citrus. The rest I can't identify. That doesn't matter, however, as this is one of my favorite scents.

Efficacy: Makes my skin feel much better after shaving. It is neither thick nor thin, and it isn't greasy.

Moisturizing: Keeps my skin from drying out the rest of the day, so I'm happy with it.

No Alcohol Burn: This product contains no alcohol.

And as promised (drum roll, please)...

Ingredients: Water (Aqua)(Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Isohexadecane, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leafe Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Laurus Nobilus Leaf Extract, Jojoba Esters, BLycerin, Squalane, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceteth-10 Phospate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicetyl Phospate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethylacrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Pehtaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Eugenol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)