What's new

Shogun Stainless

I couldn't even make it through a shave. I got 1/3 of the way done and had to change to a better brand of blade. This is the worst blade I've tried and I hope to never try one even close to this bad again.:thumbdown
So many negative reviews for this blade. There are two types floating around. I hear there is a plastic black feather like pack as well as the red cardboard one pictured above. This one is stainless steel. Well the shave was good. No tugging or skipping. I used it in a Merkur travel open-comb. Not the sharpest blade so that will affect longevity I imagine. They are dirt cheap so not an issue. Anyway, a decent blade and i've got a smooth shave after my usual 4 passes.

Edit. I had to take the blade out straight away, I checked the razor after reading it may rust and I think if I had left it in there overnight it would have. A little inconvenient, wonder why they didn't think of coating the things.

Further edit. Ok, the blade, left out of the razor and dried, has rust all over it after 1 day. So it is only a one shave blade. I had a decent shave with it but 1 use only makes it not worth getting.

- Aaron
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Nasty!
one of the worst blade i have ever been tried.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Horrible!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I settled on Feathers a long time ago as my go-to blade but with the recent inflow of new blade varieties to the U.S. I decided to give a few new ones a try. The Shoguns were the first out of the gate. Oh my god these are, if not the worst, at least the 2nd worst blades I've ever tried. Avoid them at all costs!:thumbdown
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Had one in a sampler. Strangest shave I (newbie) had sofar. Did get there in the end - no nicks / cuts - but I had to drag the razor over my face. Switched this one after the try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I was not expecting something as bad as that blade. I've classified Merkur blades as bad a long time ago but, still workable.

This one felt blunt on shave #1. I use Proraso green cream and a Gillette NEW (British) with the bull mastiff handle. I tried it in Hoffritz open comb, same failure.

I keep it for shave no 2, I had a lot of weepers on that shave... I tried the other 4 blades and could do more than 1 shave as they are so dull. Those are really not for me and it's the first time that I get a blade that bad.

Merkur blades are now ok in my books!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I found this blade to have rusted badly after only 24 hours in the razor, prompting me to toss it after 1 so-so shave. I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend these either.
I got 10 of these as part of a sampler. I loaded it into my Merkur classic and yesterday, shaved away with Mam Bears Orange Orange. The shave was a bit rough but I figured I'd give it a try again today. I did and it was a painful experience to finish the shave. As I went to take it out of the Rqzor, I saw the blade was all rusty and had left rust stains in teh razor. Took me a while to clean it out. This blade will nevr be used again!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)