What's new

Shetland Soap Company Traditional Shaving Soap

Item Description

I received this soap from another B&B member and I really like it. The scent is for me something close to leather/tar although it officially is cinnamon and cloves. It lathers really nicely and gives a nice and comfortable shave. And I easily get 4 passes from it. In short - a nice soap :biggrin:

http://www.shetlandsoap.co.uk/product/original_traditional_shaving_soap_/

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Vegetable Glycerine, Sucrose, Sodium Laurate, Sorbitol, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Suphate, Sodium Chloride, StearicAcid, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Cera Alba, Cornflour, Aloe Barbadensis, Cinnamon and Clove spices,
Limonene, Eucalyptus globulus, Mentha piperita

Latest reviews

D
The biggest reason for joining this site was the feeling of confusion when i read Richy's commonts on this product - I disagree so strongly i just had to say so from the rooftops!
I brought this product from the companys main store in shetland 2 years ago, together with their tea tree and lemon shave soap (now sadly discontinued) and i have to say i find it to be an excellent shaveing soap which lathers with ease, i have used boar and badger brushes in my time and this soap is a joy to use with either.
The fragrence is pleasent and noticable, unlike some soaps which seem to loose their scent as soon as they hit your face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Having stumbled across this company whilst browsing I was somewhat intrigued by the soap ,after all it punches all the right buttons ,it's unusual ,sounds exciting and it's hand made ,what can go wrong right ??

Well I'll tell you and hopefully you will read this before buying it.
This soap is without doubt the worst excuse for a shaving soap that I have ever used ,it creates a copius amounts of useless froth that smells heavily of menthol ...forget the garble about cloves ,it's just menthol.

No matter how I worked this soap trying badger brushes ,boar brushes ,different amounts of water the result was the same .

I haven't even bothered trying to shave with it because it just does not produce a shaving lather,I even doubt whether it will be worth showering with.:thumbdown

I've left all ratings at zero and thats about fair
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
I received this soap from another B&B member and I really like it. The scent is for me something close to leather/tar although it officially is cinnamon and cloves. It lathers really nicely and gives a nice and comfortable shave. And I easily get 4 passes from it. In short - a nice soap :biggrin:

http://www.shetlandsoap.co.uk/product/original_traditional_shaving_soap_/

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Vegetable Glycerine, Sucrose, Sodium Laurate, Sorbitol, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Suphate, Sodium Chloride, StearicAcid, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Cera Alba, Cornflour, Aloe Barbadensis, Cinnamon and Clove spices,
Limonene, Eucalyptus globulus, Mentha piperita
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing