What's new

Shaving Shack Hand Made Natural Shaving Soap

Unlike many online shaving stores, who sell their own branded soaps, the guys over at http://www.shaving-shack.com/ have not gone for a simple glycerin soap with all the usual scents. Instead, they have gone for an 'olive oil' based shaving soap.

When I received this soap I, quite frankly, didn't really know what to expect. The soap does not come in the usual round dish-refill shape, but rather it was just a bar of soap. It also had an odd green colour to it, which I had not encountered before.

After some messing around, trying to find the best way of using the soap, I just wedged it into my old lathering mug, and started building some lather - or so I thought. What I got was an airy lather that seemed to just disappear. In fact, once applied to my face, I could hear lots of little airbubbles bursting. Within 10 seconds the lather was gone. I decided to try again, and whipped up new lather, but I only reached the same result. Frustrated with the whole thing, I decided to just shave, as quick as possible, to get the most of the lather that had not yet disappeared.

I was expecting the discomfort of shaving without lather; the skipping of the razor and the dragging of the blade. But, it never came.

When using this soap, you will not get a lasting lather, and quite frankly, you will not need it. The soap generates a clear layer, which produces plenty of glide, and really softens the whiskers. This is the reason why I omitted 'lather' from my ratings.

This is definately a great product, and once you have gotten used to not shaving with lather, you will enjoy it too.

The soap moisturises amazingly, and even my aftershave splash did not affect this. It makes your skin feel great.

The scent is...unique. It is a mixture of lavender and eucalyptus, and initially, it reminded me of a cough sweet, but now it reminds me more of a mushroomy-forest scent. It isn't unpleasant, just unusual.

I would definately recommend this product, as it works extremely well. A little strange, initially, to get past the hurdle of not having real lather, but once you have gotten used to that, you will enjoy it. It also seems to last forever, as I have used it several times not, with very little difference to the soap.

I have attached a picture showing the difference in the 'lather' from the Shaving Shack soap, to normal lather from Proraso Soap:

displayimage.php
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing