What's new

Shavex 'Post shave & daily use hydrating gel'

Item Description

I saw this advertised on the forum, and i'm up for trying anything new, so I thought i'd give it a go. I was very nearly put off by the hefty price tag (30 dollars for a small 150g pot). I actually paid more than this, as I went for the combo pack of the gel and an 'expert' alum block (which is an excellent alum block that leaves no residue on your face after application).

First thing I noticed was the outer box was nice - the presentation looked great. Gold print on black gave it a bit of class (excuse my fairly poor photos). I opened the box and nestling inside was the pot of gel, and the alum block. Now, as much as I was impressed with the initial presentation of the outer packaging, I was a tad disappointed with the pot itself - I kinda expected a glass jar for that price, and what I got was a quite cheaply formed plastic jar and lid. It definitely looks like the poorer cousin when placed alongside to all my other face products on my dresser; this would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that it cost more than anything else I own.

Anyway.. I was ready to forgive this superficial scrutiny if the product inside the jar was truly wonderful. It looks exactly like Aloe Vera Gel. And feels just like Aloe gel. Shavex were hesitant to give out any ingredient lists on the forum, which is understandable, but on receipt of the actual product I was quite surprised to find no ingredients listed anywhere. Which to be honest does help fuel the thought line that this product is nothing more than the Aloe gels you can ready buy in the stores, but with the price cranked way high.

My initial thought on the scent was that it was quite pleasant, but now i've been using it a few times I really don't like it. It smells like my girlfriends perfume - quite feminine. And the scent was still there hours after application, which is not what I want from a balm or moisturizer.

Yes, it made my skin soft and yes it was quite a nice product to use. But 30 dollars worth? I'm afraid I won't be ordering it again. I'll stick to my regular moisturizer at a third of the price.

View attachment 10370

View attachment 10371

View attachment 10372

Latest reviews

I saw this advertised on the forum, and i'm up for trying anything new, so I thought i'd give it a go. I was very nearly put off by the hefty price tag (30 dollars for a small 150g pot). I actually paid more than this, as I went for the combo pack of the gel and an 'expert' alum block (which is an excellent alum block that leaves no residue on your face after application).

First thing I noticed was the outer box was nice - the presentation looked great. Gold print on black gave it a bit of class (excuse my fairly poor photos). I opened the box and nestling inside was the pot of gel, and the alum block. Now, as much as I was impressed with the initial presentation of the outer packaging, I was a tad disappointed with the pot itself - I kinda expected a glass jar for that price, and what I got was a quite cheaply formed plastic jar and lid. It definitely looks like the poorer cousin when placed alongside to all my other face products on my dresser; this would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that it cost more than anything else I own.

Anyway.. I was ready to forgive this superficial scrutiny if the product inside the jar was truly wonderful. It looks exactly like Aloe Vera Gel. And feels just like Aloe gel. Shavex were hesitant to give out any ingredient lists on the forum, which is understandable, but on receipt of the actual product I was quite surprised to find no ingredients listed anywhere. Which to be honest does help fuel the thought line that this product is nothing more than the Aloe gels you can ready buy in the stores, but with the price cranked way high.

My initial thought on the scent was that it was quite pleasant, but now i've been using it a few times I really don't like it. It smells like my girlfriends perfume - quite feminine. And the scent was still there hours after application, which is not what I want from a balm or moisturizer.

Yes, it made my skin soft and yes it was quite a nice product to use. But 30 dollars worth? I'm afraid I won't be ordering it again. I'll stick to my regular moisturizer at a third of the price.

View attachment 10370

View attachment 10371

View attachment 10372
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging